Surrey libraries are pleased to be offering a programme of online events.
- Regular weekly events
- Special events
- Book bingo
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Poetry blog
- Libraries from home for children and young people
- Libraries from home for adults
- Surrey culture and leisure
Regular weekly online events
All these events are run on the libraries facebook page, unless otherwise stated.
If for some reason you miss any of these events, or would like to enjoy them again, you can watch them later on the Surrey libraries YouTube channel. Except for Storytime which is only available on Facebook.
Rhymetime sessions for all children to enjoy! We hope everyone gets involved and sings along!
- Every Monday from 10.30am.
- Every Friday from 10.30am.
Crafts for children
Looking for ideas to keep children entertained? We have lots of craft activities that are quick, easy and no mess!
- Tuesday 22 September at 4.30pm. Session theme:
- Paper plate beach.
Who is ready for a story? Get comfy and relax while listening to our staff read their favourite picture book
- Every Wednesday at 10.30am.
Are you into science? Laura will take you on an amazing journey to explore the mysteries of Physics, Biology and Maths! Head over to the Surrey Libraries Science Lab blog for more updates.
- Thursday 24 September at 4.30pm. Session theme:
- Newspaper structures STEM activity.
Watch the video of the STEM session: Moving Hand
Of the 206 bones in the human body you have 27 bones in each hand. You have 14 phalange bones or finger bones, 5 metacarpal bones and 8 carpal bones. This means that about 1/4 of all of your bones are found in your two hands!
Do we have any Lego fans? Come and build with us! Become inspired by Georgina's creations and add your own unique touch!
- Every Saturday at 10.30am.
Watch the video of the Lego Club session - Space
3... 2... 1.... BLAST OFF!
Join Georgina on her mission to get to the Moon. To do that you'll need to build a Rocketship! Find out how!
Special online events
All these events are run on the libraries facebook page , unless otherwise stated.
- Thursday 23 September at 3pm.
VE Poetry Day
Watch the video of the Poetry VE Day event
Surrey Libraries celebrated VE Day with a poem, written and read by Laura.
All of our past events are also available on our YouTube channel.
Surrey Libraries book bingo
How to play book bingo
- Download the bingo card. This has twenty five descriptions or characteristics that might apply to a book.
- You just have to read or listen to five different books that allow you to complete a row of five boxes (horizontally, vertically or diagonally).
- When you've read or listened to a book that corresponds to one of the boxes, write the name of the book in the box.
- When you have filled in a row, you can enter a prize draw to win a bag of books!
Enter the draw on social media
Submit your entry by posting a photo of a completed line on your bingo card, with five book titles filled in, to Surrey Libraries' Facebook, Twitter or Instagram: @surreylibrariesUK @SurreyLibraries @surrey.librariesuk.
Use the hashtag #SurreyLibrariesBookBingo so we can find your entry.
Are you a member of Surrey Libraries yet?
If not, why not join today? If you have an email address and live or work in Surrey, you can join online.
Looking for books to read?
There's plenty you can access online as a member of Surrey Libraries. Check out the range of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- Surrey Libraries Book Bingo is aimed at adults.
- Only members of Surrey Libraries can be entered in the draw to win a bag of books.
- Entries may only be submitted online.
- The competition will run during summer 2020. The closing date is 30 September.
- You can only enter the prize draw once, but you can complete the whole card if you
- Use the hashtag #SurreyLibrariesBookBingo to share what you're reading.
- Any book, eBook or eAudiobook that fits one of the categories qualifies.
Files available to download
- Surrey libraries book bingo 2020 (237.2 KB)
Entry form for Surrey Libraries book bingo 2020 including full instructions, terms and conditions