We've subscribed to a range of quality information sources so you can have a reference library at home or at the library.
When signing in to resources marked with an asterisk, prefix your borrower number with SURREY
If you have trouble logging into our online products, have a look at our help page.
- Art and music
- Living and learning
- Newspapers, magazines and journals
- People and history
Art and music
- Naxos Music Library
Online streaming music resource containing over 35,000 CDs. Where it asks you for a "Passcode" please enter your library card number. We have a limited number of concurrent users so if you are unable to login, please try again later.
- The Gazette company profiles
Free, easy to search official information about every UK company registered with Companies House.
Living and learning
Preparing for your Citizenship test, Surrey Libraries can help with free access to GoCitizen - the citizenship test study programme.
- The Gazette
The Gazette contains the official records of: wills and probate, insolvency, awards and accreditation and company profiles. It also includes guides, industry news and other useful resources.
- The Great Courses Library Collection
The Great Courses Library Collection - access 150 of the most popular courses taught by the world's top professors.
- Theory Test Pro
A highly realistic online simulation of the UK's driving theory test. It contains the entire official test questions licensed from the DSA.
- Which? magazine
Many Surrey libraries have a login for Which? that can be used on computers in those libraries (click on the link above for a list). Staff will log you in. You can pre-book a computer online if you wish
Newspapers, magazines and journals
- 19th Century Newspapers
Two million pages from national and regional newspapers, covering the 19th century.
- Access to Research (only available in Surrey libraries)
Over 6,000 publicly funded scientific research journals available for anyone to read in the library.
- British Newspaper Archive (only available in Surrey libraries)
Explore over 200 years of history - millions of stories: from your street to the world. To view images in the library you will need to register for your own free account.
- Gale Vault
Use this powerful tool to cross-search 19th Century Newspapers and Times Digital Archive simultaneously.
- Magazine Collection
View digital copies of your favourite magazines.
Today's papers including the Independent, Guardian, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Daily Express. Also regional papers and newspapers from around the world.
- Times Digital Archive
Contains every issue of The Times between 1785 and 2010. View a short guided tour of Times Digital Archive (this may take a few minutes to load).
People and history
- Ancestry (only available in Surrey libraries)
Search your family history using Ancestry's selection of UK censuses, parish records and many other national and international databases.
- Find My Past (only available in Surrey libraries)
A family history and genealogy website with an ever-growing collection of over 560 million family history records.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Information on over 50,000 people from around the world who have helped to shape Britain's past.
- Who's Who and Who Was Who
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. The classic directory of the noteworthy and influential, both in the UK and worldwide.
- John Johnson Collection (only available in Surrey libraries)
The John Johnson Collection of printed ephemera from the Bodleian Library offers unique insights into the changing nature of everyday life in Britain.
- Oxford English Dictionary
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language, the OED is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000 words.