- Joining the library
- Books and other reading materials
- Computers and internet access
- Events, activities and a space to meet
- Support and access to information
- Library support for Ukrainian Nationals, a letter in Ukrainian language (PDF)
Public libraries are the ideal place to find help and information about local services, and to borrow books and use computers. Libraries are safe places where you will find kind and caring staff on hand to help you.
Libraries also offer online services which can be accessed from computers or mobile devices, away from the library building. Visit the local library in your area to request a library card and you will be given information on how to find:
- Books, audiobooks, ebooks
- eMagazines and eComics, and eNewspapers
- Films and music including titles in languages other than English
- Information about online learning
- Computers and printing facilities
- Wifi access for those with devices already
Joining the Library
It is free to join the library. You can join the library online and get immediate access to our online services.
Books and other reading materials
Reading materials are available in languages other than English including eNewspapers from over 100 countries. Translation and audio software can help library users access reading in the language they need.
Find out about eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eComics in Surrey libraries.
We also have a selection of Ukrainian and Russian language eBooks available through the Libby app:
- eBooks for children in Ukrainian and Russian language
- eBooks for adults in Ukrainian and Russian language
- eBooks for young adults in Ukrainian and Russian language
Computers and internet access
Libraries provide support for people who need help with computer and internet skills, and those who have access needs such as vision and print impairments.
Find out more about accessing the internet and booking a PC.
Events, activities and a space to meet
At the library you will find comfortable seating and a place to relax, and a range of free activities on offer including:
- Family activities for babies and children under five in the library
- Activities for school-aged children and young people in the library
- Reading groups
- Cultural and social activities in libraries
Our libraries are welcoming spaces to meet together. Please ask in your library if you have a group and are looking for somewhere to meet.
Support and access to information
Library staff can give support and information about:
- How to access free NHS healthcare
- Education, schools and support for children and families
- Housing including social housing and any housing related benefits
- Universal credit including support making applications
- Support for finding employment
- Information about citizenship
- English language lessons
- Bereavement support
Libraries will help you find out about your local area and provide information about other organisations who can offer support and advice.
You can find your nearest library. Each Surrey library has its own website and information about services offered, and opening times.