- Renew items online
- Renew items via the app
- Renew by telephone
- Renew by visiting the library
- Renewal limits
- Receiving eReminders about library loans
- If you are late returning books
- Replacement cards
Renewing items online
You will need your:
- borrower number (on your card, under the barcode)
- 4 digit PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN there is an option to reset. Choose the forgotten PIN option on the login box.
To renew items:
You will need to visit the Surrey online library page to renew your loans.
- Starting on the home page or Bookshelf.
- You will see navigation options along the top which will stay here whatever screen you are on.
- Choose the Account icon (top right), and then choose the option to Log in.
- The next screen will allow you to enter your library borrower number and PIN.
- Your current loans will appear on the tab called My Shelf.
- Each of your loans shows how many remaining days are left of your loan under the book jacket.
- You can either renew your loans one at a time by clicking on the book jacket and selecting the Renew button.
- Click Proceed.
- You will get a confirmation message to say that your loan has been renewed successfully.
- To renew more than one, or all of your loans click the Renew all button.
- If you want to renew all of your loans, leave the De-select all button ticked.
- If you want to renew some of your loans, click the De-select all button and then click the tick-box next to the items you want to renew.
- Click Renew selected and you will get a yellow bar notification next to each item that was renewed and a pop-up confirmation message to say that your selected loans have been renewed successfully.
- Click Done to go back to the My shelf screen. You'll notice that the number of days remaining has been updated under each of your loans.
If an item cannot be renewed because it has been reserved by another customer or you have reached the renewal limit, you will not see an option to renew on the individual item, and it will appear in a section called Loans Not Available to Renew in the Renew All menu.
If you have any problems renewing your loans please contact us using the form in the Account menu.
Renewing by app
Download the Surrey Libraries app and use it to reserve or renew books on the go.
Renewing by telephone
You will need your borrower number (on your card, under the barcode). Telephone 0300 200 1001 to use Callpoint, our automated renewal system.
Renewing by visiting the library
You can visit any library to renew your items. You will need your library card or you can use the library card function on the library app.
Provided there are no outstanding requests for an item, books may be renewed five times.
Audiobooks, CDs and DVDs
Spoken word CDs (audiobooks) are issued for three weeks and cannot be renewed.
DVDs and Music CDs are issued for one week and cannot be renewed.
Additional hire charges will apply for any and CDs and DVDs kept beyond their due date: see charges for audio visual items.
Receiving eReminders about library loans
We can now send you an eReminder email three days before your items are due back. This will give you the full details of all the items that are due as well as a quick link to renew them, for which you will need your PIN.
If you would like to sign up for an eReminder email all you need to do is let us know and make sure that we have your current email address.
You can do this in any library or by contacting us.
Please have ready your full name and library card number.
We hope that these reminders are helpful, but please be aware that failure to receive a courtesy email will not oblige your library to waive any overdue charges that you may incur.
If you are late returning your library book
Charges for overdue library books can be found on the Library and services charges page.
Replacement library cards
If you lose your library card, you should let any Surrey library know as soon as possible. We will cancel your card to prevent anyone else from using it. Failure to let us know could result in you incurring additional charges.
Please bring some proof of identity and we will provide you with a replacement card.
Note: There is a £2 fee for a replacement card.