Renewing items online
Certain items may not be renewable online. Items that cannot be renewed are clearly marked with a description as to why that particular item is not renewable.
You will need your:
- your borrower number (on your card, under the barcode)
- your 4 digit PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN there is an option to reset. Choose the forgotten PIN option at the bottom of the login box.
To renew items:
- You will need to visit the Surrey online library page to renew your loans.
- Select My Account from the choices at the top or select the option to renew my loans on the left hand side (under the I want to section).
- Login with your borrower number and PIN, if prompted. You will also have the option to reset your PIN if you have forgotten. Choose the Forgotten Pin option at the bottom of the login box.
- Select the Loans/Renewals tab at the top. Expand the desired section if necessary.
- Select the item or items you want to renew or use the Select All option to select all your current loans.
- Click Renew.
Renewing by app
Download the Surrey Libraries app and use it to reserve or renew books on the go.
Renewing by telephone (currently unavailable)
You will need your borrower number (on your card, under the barcode). Telephone 0300 200 1001 to use Callpoint, our automated renewal system.
Renewing by visiting the library
You can visit any library to renew your items. You will need your library card or you can use the library card function on the library app.
Provided there are no outstanding requests for an item, books may be renewed five times.
Audiobooks, CDs and DVDs
Spoken word CDs (audiobooks) are issued for three weeks and cannot be renewed.
DVDs and Music CDs are issued for one week and cannot be renewed.
Additional hire charges will apply for any and CDs and DVDs kept beyond their due date: see charges for audio visual items.
Receiving eReminders about library loans
We can now send you an eReminder email three days before your items are due back. This will give you the full details of all the items that are due as well as a quick link to renew them, for which you will need your PIN.
If you would like to sign up for an eReminder email all you need to do is let us know and make sure that we have your current email address.
You can do this in any library or by contacting us.
Please have ready your full name and library card number.
We hope that these reminders are helpful, but please be aware that failure to receive a courtesy email will not oblige your library to waive any overdue charges that you may incur.
If you are late returning your library book
Charges for overdue library books can be found on the Library and services charges page.
Replacement library cards
If you lose your library card, you should let any Surrey library know as soon as possible. We will cancel your card to prevent anyone else from using it. Failure to let us know could result in you incurring additional charges.
Please bring some proof of identity and we will provide you with a replacement card.
Note: There is a £2 fee for a replacement card.