New and classic young adult fiction
If an item is not on the catalogue. you can use our online stock suggestion form to tell us what you would like added to our stock. We will consider your suggestion. This service is free but we regret we are unable to respond to stock suggestions.
eBooks and eAudiobooks
You can borrow free eBooks and eAudiobooks from the Surrey Libraries digital collection:
- OverDrive for eAudiobooks, eBooks, eMagazines and eComics. Borrow up to ten eBook and ten eAudiobook titles for three weeks. The majority of the audio titles are in mp3 format and have unlimited availability so there are no waiting lists.
- Borrow Box for eAudiobooks. Borrow up to ten titles for three weeks. Log in using your library card number and PIN.
- Ulverscroft for eAudiobooks. You can borrow up to four titles for up to three weeks.
- Project Gutenberg eBooks provides classic titles which can be downloaded for free and do not count against your library limit.
Helping readers become writers
- The Surrey libraries poetry blog: The Surrey libraries poetry blog welcomes submissions. Visit the blog to explore the blog and submit your poem.
- Elmbridge Literary Competition: The Elmbridge Literary Competition is run in partnership between The R C Sherriff Trust and Elmbridge Borough Council. It is open to applicants of all ages.
- Guildford Book Festival short story competition: This annual festive takes place during October. Deadline for competition entries usually falls in August. Visit the website for more information.
- BBC writers room: The BBC writers' room is a great place to find scripts and explore the scripting process from first drafts to commission. You'll find guidance on script submissions and writing opportunities.
- BBC young reporter competition: This annual competition is for young people, aged 11 to 18, who want to report on a story or issue which is important to their life or the world around them. Entries are now closed for 2020 Bbt you can view previous stories and articles and get ready for young reporter 2021.
- New Writing South: If you're an aspiring writer of novels, short stories, poems or plays, New Writing South is here to feed your creativity. It serves writers from across south east England. We're committed to nurturing an inclusive community of writers, regardless of background or previous experience.
Young adult well-being and support
Libraries are safe spaces and can offer a wealth of resources to support your well-being.
Volunteering in libraries
Volunteering with Surrey Libraries is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills and make a difference in your community.
Choose a role to suit you and share your skills or learn new ones. Visit our Volunteering page to find out about opportunities.