Coronavirus: due to the coronavirus outbreak, all Surrey Libraries are closed
Please read this urgent statement about Surrey's library service including information about loans and renewals.
Shut but still open
We have published a list of online services, activities and fun things for both children and adults to do whilst at home.
To the best of its ability and within budgetary constraints, Surrey libraries provides a comprehensive reference and information service which is current, accurate, unbiased, open and accessible to all who wish to use it in accordance with the Statement of Service. Staff receive training in customer care, knowledge of resources and information retrieval skills both to access information on behalf of users and to support enquirers in their use of the resources.
Range of information held
- Information is provided from a variety of sources and in different formats to meet user needs.
- Where available, information delivery is facilitated by catalogues, indexes, and the internet.
- Where technically possible and within budgetary constraints, on-line publications or collections of publications are made available to library members from any internet connected computer allowing access to the collections on a 24 hour basis.
- There is a regular programme of stock selection and control to maintain currency.
- Information is available to all who need it in accordance with statutory requirements and Surrey County Council Libraries and Culture Service Strategy.
- Where user needs cannot be met in-house, users are signposted to other agencies that may be able to help.
- A network of information provision to meet user needs has been developed by establishing links and by working with partners and other information providers.
- We provide access to the internet and our information resources through our network of public access terminals.