Coronavirus: Important information
Further to the Prime Minister's announcement of the national lockdown starting on 5 January 2021, please see details of how registration services will be affected:
- Marriages and civil partnerships can now take place with a legal limit of fifteen attendees (this maximum number includes the couple, witnesses and guests, which includes children and babies, but does not include those working, such as registration officials, venue managers or photographers etc.) These maximum numbers are dependent on the size of the ceremony room and the number of people that can be socially distanced 2m apart.
- Please visit marriage and civil partnership ceremonies during the coronavirus outbreak for more details.
- Notice of marriage and civil partnership will continue to be carried out by face-to-face appointments at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices for couples that have a ceremony booked in the next three months.
- Death registrations will continue to be carried out by telephone appointment.
- Birth registrations will continue to be carried out by face-to-face appointments at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices.
- Citizenship ceremonies will be held virtually.