Coronavirus: Important information
Further to the Prime Minister's announcement of the national lockdown starting on 5 January 2021, please see details of how registration services will be affected:
- Marriages and civil partnerships cannot take place except in exceptional circumstances for example, an urgent marriage where one of those getting married is seriously ill and not expected to recover, or is to undergo debilitating treatment or life-changing surgery. Restrictions on marriages and civil partnerships will start to be eased from 29 March 2021. Please visit marriage and civil partnership ceremonies during the coronavirus outbreak for more details.
- Notice of marriage and civil partnership will continue to be carried out by face-to-face appointments at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices for couples that have a ceremony booked in the next three months.
- Death registrations will continue to be carried out by telephone appointment.
- Birth registrations will continue to be carried out by face-to-face appointments at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices.
- Citizenship ceremonies will be held virtually.