Birth, death and ceremonies
Coronavirus: Important information
Surrey will move into Tier 2 of the government's restrictions on Wednesday 2 December 2020. Details of how Registration services will be affected is shown below:
- Marriages and Civil Partnerships will be able to take place with a maximum of 15 people. This maximum number includes the couple and guests but does not include anybody working at the ceremony e.g. registrars or photographer. For more detailed information please visit Marriage and civil partnership ceremonies during the coronavirus outbreak
- Notice of marriage and civil partnership will continue to be carried out by face-to-face appointments at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices for couples that have a ceremony booked in the next 6 months.
- Death registrations will continue to be carried out by telephone appointment.
- Birth registrations will continue to be carried out by face-to-face appointments at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices.
- Citizenship ceremonies will continue to take place at Weybridge Register Office.