Coronavirus: Important information
Please read the following information before progressing:
- Death registrations – All death registrations are now over the telephone. You will not be required to attend the register office in person. Please see our death registration guidance page for more information.
- Marriage and Civil Partnerships - Unfortunately we are not able to carry out any marriages or civil partnerships until at least the 1 June 2020. Please see our marriage and civil partnerships guidance page for more information.
- Birth registrations - Unfortunately we will not be able to carry out any birth registration appointments for the next 21 days. This will come into effect from Tuesday 24 March 2020 onwards. You can make a claim for child benefit or universal credit prior to the birth being registered. The 42 day requirement to register a birth has been relaxed and no action will be taken if you have not registered within that time frame.
- Certificates - We are currently only able to process certificate applications where the certificate is required for urgent legal or administrative purposes. We can issue a maximum of 3 certificates per person only. We are not able to deal with applications for certificates for the purposes of family history research at this time.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
You must book an appointment in advance to register a birth, death or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership at Leatherhead Register Office.
Our online booking system
Please note: Using a Samsung browser will prevent you from completing a booking. Please use an alternative browser.
Birth, death and marriage certificates
- marriage or civil partnership,
- civil partnership to marriage conversion,
- renewing your vows, and
- a naming ceremony.
70 Church Street
Office opening hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am – 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Contact Leatherhead Register Office via our: Contact Centre.
- Payment can be made by debit/credit card, cash or postal order
- Disabled parking bays
- Level access to the front entrance
- Disabled cloakroom
- Baby changing facilities.
There are some parking spaces at the front of the building but the main parking area is at the rear of the building. To use the car park, drive through the main entrance, bear to your right and then to your left where you will see the sign "Private car park for users of The Mansion only" continue past this sign and find a parking bay. Parking is free. If this car park is full, there is a pay and display car park located in Church Street opposite the theatre, approximately 150 metres from the register office. Alternatively there is a pay and display car park in Church Road, opposite Leatherhead Parish Church, approximately 300 metres from the register office. If you are bringing someone who has difficulty walking, please deliver your passenger to the reception area via the main entrance at the front of the building where they can wait while you find a parking space.