Coronavirus: Important information
Please read the following information before progressing:
- Death registrations: All death registrations are now over the telephone. You will not be required to attend the register office in person. See our death registration guidance page.
- Marriage and Civil Partnerships: Further to the Prime Minister's announcement on 28 May 2020, there has been no change to the Government's decision to suspend all marriages and civil partnerships until further notice. In England and Wales, legislation does not provide for marriages or civil partnerships to be contracted / formed by telephone, online or by video conference and there are no current plans for this to change. More information will be made available following further government announcements on the Gov.uk marriage and civil partnership website. See our marriage and civil partnerships guidance page.
- Birth registrations: Unfortunately we are not able to carry out any birth registration appointments until further notice. You can make a claim for child benefit or universal credit prior to the birth being registered. The 42 day requirement to register a birth has been relaxed and no action will be taken if you have not registered within that time frame.
- Certificates: We are currently running a limited service and are only able to process copy certificate applications that are essential, such as for legal proceedings, job recruitment etc. You should also note that we can only issue a maximum of five certificates per person. Please do not apply for copy certificates for the purposes of family history research at this time. If you require certificates for other purposes, please contact the General Register Office who should be able to supply certificates for you.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
You must book an appointment in advance to register a birth, death or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership at Leatherhead Register Office.
Our online booking system
Please note: Using a Samsung browser will prevent you from completing a booking. Please use an alternative browser.
Birth, death and marriage certificates
- marriage or civil partnership,
- civil partnership to marriage conversion,
- renewing your vows, and
- a naming ceremony.
70 Church Street
Office opening hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am – 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Contact Leatherhead Register Office via our: Contact Centre.
- Payment can be made by debit/credit card, cash or postal order
- Disabled parking bays
- Level access to the front entrance
- Disabled cloakroom
- Baby changing facilities.
There are some parking spaces at the front of the building but the main parking area is at the rear of the building. To use the car park, drive through the main entrance, bear to your right and then to your left where you will see the sign "Private car park for users of The Mansion only" continue past this sign and find a parking bay. Parking is free. If this car park is full, there is a pay and display car park located in Church Street opposite the theatre, approximately 150 metres from the register office. Alternatively there is a pay and display car park in Church Road, opposite Leatherhead Parish Church, approximately 300 metres from the register office. If you are bringing someone who has difficulty walking, please deliver your passenger to the reception area via the main entrance at the front of the building where they can wait while you find a parking space.