Licensing a venue for civil ceremonies

Information and services

How to apply or renew your venue license

To hold a legal marriage or civil partnership ceremony a venue must be licensed by the local authority. Find out how to apply or renew a venue license.

Terms and conditions for granting a licence for civil ceremonies

Surrey County Council’s standards for the granting of a licence for venues to hold civil marriage or civil partnership ceremonies.

Outdoor ceremonies

Essential information for venues wishing to apply for a licence to hold a marriage or civil partnership ceremony in outdoor areas.

Current venue licence applications

Applications currently being processed for a licence to hold marriage and civil partnership ceremonies at their premises.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.