Spanish Kids Club
Calling all kids who would like to learn Spanish from scratch!
Woking Library is starting up a Spanish Speaking Club for 3 to 6 year olds and 7 to 11 year olds.
During the sessions you will learn how to speak Spanish through songs, games and activities.
Session dates and times
There are different sessions for each age range.
Sessions are on Saturdays at:
- 10am for ages 3 to 6
- 11am for ages 7 to 11
On the following dates:
- 2 December
Sessions are free but booking necessary. Feel free to book just one or multiple sessions.
British Sign Language storytime
- Wednesday 13 December at 2.30pm
Join us for a very festive and fun-filled Christmas Special of our popular BSL Storytime at Woking Library!
No booking is necessary, this event is free and is suitable for ages 0 to 10 years old. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Christmas Spectacular Day!
- Saturday 16 December
- 10am until 1pm: Santa's Grotto will be open. Visit Santa and enter the lucky dip for 50p.
- 11am until 11.30am: a special Christmas themed rhymetime
- 2pm until 4.30pm: Santa's Grotto will be open. Visit Santa and enter the lucky dip for 50p.
- 2pm until 2.30pm: A Christmas carol service with St John's Community Choir. This event is bookable, see below for more details.
- 3.30pm : Christmas Crafts, £1 per child.
The Carol service will last thirty minutes, followed by refreshments.
This event is part of Woking Library's Christmas Spectacular day, where there will also be a Santa's Grotto, craft activities, competitions and festive games.
The event is suitable for families.
Booking necessary, please book a ticket for each person attending. We ask for a minimum donation of £1, which allows us to run this event and similar events in the future. No need to book for babes in arms.
Book online or if unable to book online, please book in Woking Library.
- Monday 18 December: Rocking Paper Plate Snowmen, from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Tuesday 19 December: Christmas Baubles, from 10.30am to 11.30am
- Wednesday 20 December: Christmas Gnomes, from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Thursday 21 December: Snowman Cards, from 3.45pm to 4.45pm
- Friday 22 December: Layered Christmas Trees, from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
- Saturday 23 December: Christmas Photo Frames, from 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Thursday 28 December: Pinecone Snow Owl, from 3.45pm to 4.45pm
- Friday 29 December: Christmas Garlands, from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
Christmas craft events are suitable for children aged 4 and above. Cost: £1 per child and no booking is required.
A reading of Egg: children's storytime with Giovanna Gentile and Richard Malthouse
- Friday 16 February, 10:30am to 11.15am. Please arrive 10 minutes early
Suitable for children aged 3 to 6. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Join picture book authors, Giovanna Gentile and Richard Malthouse as they read their picture book Egg followed by a fun snail trail and craft activity.
Copies of Egg! will be available to purchase on the day cash only, which the authors will be pleased to sign.
Tickets are free but if you are able to donate, then the suggested donation of £4 per ticket. Please reserve a space for each child attending, No ticket needed for babes in arms.
If you are unable to book online, please book in Woking library.
Short stories and more with Alice Fowler
Join Alice Fowler as she reads from her new book "The Truth has arms and legs".
- Thursday 22 February, from 6pm to 7pm. Please arrive 10 minutes early.
This poignant short story collection explores pivotal moments that transform our lives. Jenny, whose life is defined by small disasters, discovers a more generous version of herself. A traveller girl might just win her race and alter her life's course. A widow, cut off in a riverside backwater, opens her heart to a stranger. In this captivating collection, readers will be moved by the raw vulnerability of human connection, and the resilience that enables us to thrive and grow. In change, Alice Fowler's characters find the ability to be truly free.
The event is suitable for adults.
Booking necessary. Tickets cost £6 and can be purchased online or please book in Woking Library if unable to book online. Please purchase a ticket for each person attending.
Turning trauma into art talk with Joelle Tamraz
- Tuesday 27 February, from 6pm to 7pm. Please arrive 10 minutes early.
Joelle Tamraz speaks about her debut memoir "The Secret Practice" and the process of turning trauma into art.
The Secret Practice: Eighteen Years on the Dark Side of Yoga, reads like a fast-paced novel and speaks to themes of mind control, manipulation, and trauma, as well as self-empowerment and healing.
There will be an opportunity for the audience to ask questions and books will be on sale at the end of the session.
Event suitable for adults.
Booking necessary. Please purchase a ticket for each person attending. Suggested donation of £4 per ticket.
If you are unable to book online, please book in Woking library.
Pebble rhymetime and storytime
- Every Monday at 10am.
- Every Wednesday at 10am.
- Every Friday at 2.30pm.
- Every Saturday at 11am. 16 December will be a Christmas Special Rhymetime.
Rhymetime sessions are free.
No booking necessary, just drop in for a session on the days and at the times above.
Find out more about Pebble rhymetimes in Surrey Libraries.
Special rhymetime with Pebble
- There are no special rhymetimes scheduled currently.
- Every Tuesday from 4pm until 4.30pm.
For children aged 4 to 8 years
All sessions are free, and you don't need to book. So just come along and have fun!
Find out more about storytime in Surrey libraries.
British Sign Language Storytime
British Sign Language (BSL) Storytime (one person reading the book and one person signing it) will be taking place on:
- Thursdays at 11am on the following dates:
- Next date to be confirmed
- Wednesday 13 December at 2.30pm a very festive and fun-filled Christmas Special
Suitable for ages 0 to 10 years old. No need to book, just turn up.
- every second Monday of the month at 10.45am.
There are currently some spaces available. Do you enjoy a good read? Relish a lively conversation? Like meeting people in a friendly environment? Why not join our reading group?
Chatterbooks reading group
Join our friendly Chatterbooks Reading group at Woking Library:
- Last Tuesday of every month from 4pm until 5pm
The group is suitable for ages 9 to 11 years old. We read, discuss books, and take part in fun activities.
Places are limited, so if you're interested, please speak to a member of staff for details.
Find out more about reading groups in Surrey libraries.
Craft time with Tracy
- Every Thursday from 3.45pm until 4.45pm
Suitable for children aged 4 and above. Tickets are £1 per child and no booking is required.
WeAct are sending a volunteer to Woking Library:
- every Saturday, from 11am to 2pm.
Customers can discuss environmental concerns with the volunteer and get advice and information.
WEAct (Woking Environment Action group) are a voluntary group of individuals taking action locally on issues relating to climate change and sustainability.
Would you like help using a computer, the internet, your iPad, tablet, iPhone or Android device, or other IT related problems?
Make an appointment to see one of our Digital Buddies:
- Every Wednesday from 2pm to 4pm
- Every Thursday from 2pm to 4pm
Sessions are for 30 minutes and must be booked in advance at the enquiries desk in Woking Library.