Half term events
February Half Term at Horley Library: Saturday 11 February to Saturday 18 February.
Theme: On the farm.
- Farm craft: Saturday 11 February, from 10.30am to 11.30am. Suitable for children 3+. Cost £1 per child.
- Valentine's Day Craft: Tuesday 14 February, from 10.30am until 11.30am. Suitable for children 3+. Cost £1 per child.
- Farm craft: Wednesday 15 February, from 10.30am to 11.30am. Suitable for children 3+. Cost £1 per child.
- Board games and jigsaws: Wednesday 15 February, from 2pm to 4pm. Suitable for children 4+. Free event.
- LEGO club: Thursday 16 February, from 2.30pm to 3.30pm. Suitable for children 6+. Cost £1 per child.
- Farm craft: Friday 17 February, from 10.30am to 11.30am. Suitable for children 3+. Cost £1 per child.
- Grow you own peas and beans: Friday 17 February, from 2.30pm to 3.30pm. Suitable for children 3+. Cost £1 per child.
No booking necessary for the half term events above.
Get crafty with climate change with the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
- Tuesday 14 February, from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
Learn all about how climate change affects endangered animals and then design a bag with your very own environmental message to take home.
Event suitable for children aged 5 to 10.
Event free but booking necessary. A ticket is need for each child taking part. Children will need to be accompanied by an adult for the length of the session.
Creative writing session: Read with pride with author Sarah Hagger-Holt
- Wednesday 15 February, from 10.30am until to 11.30am
Read with pride: Enjoyed "Heartstopper"? Ready to discover other amazing LGBTQ+ stories? Or maybe write your own?
All welcome to a creative writing session with award-winning author Sarah Hagger-Holt. There'll be quizzes, Q and A and a chance to get creative.
Sarah Hagger-Holt writes warm hearted, realistic children's books for 9 to 13 year olds which centre LGBTQ+ families. Both "Nothing Ever Happens Here" (2020) and "Proud of Me" (2021) were nominated for the Carnegie Medal, and "Proud of Me" won the Little Rebels' Children Book Award, which celebrates radical fiction for children. Her next book, "Just Like Everyone Else" will be out in June 2023. She regularly runs workshops in schools to get young people excited about reading, expressing themselves and creating stories.
Event suitable for 9 to 13 year olds.
Booking necessary: Tickets cost £4.
Age UK Surrey services & scams awareness
- Tuesday 21 February, from 10am to 12 noon
Come and meet representatives from Age UK Surrey who can support you with impartial, personalised and expert advice and information. They can answer your questions including:
- Do you have queries on benefits and entitlements?
- Do you need advice on pensions, scams and fraud?
- Do you know we can help to keep you independent at home?
Rhymetime and storytime
- Every Thursday from 10.30am until 11am.
Booking necessary as there are limited spaces. Tickets are available from the library desk on the day, one ticket per family group. Places allocated on a first come first served basis. Please come early to avoid disappointment.
Find out more about Pebble rhymetimes in Surrey libraries.
- Every Friday, term times only, from 10.30am until 11.15am.
£1 per child. Suitable for ages 2 and a half years up to 5 years old.
No need to book, please just drop in. We will be reading 2 or 3 stories and doing a related craft activity
Horley library reading group
- Every second Wednesday of the month at 2.15pm.
If you are interested in joining the group, please ask at the library or by emailing email@example.com
Find out more about reading groups in Surrey libraries.
- Tuesdays, from 10.30am until 12 noon. Free, no booking required, just turn up. Free tea and coffee provided.
This event is part of the Horley Library Warm Welcome Offer.
For more information on the library Warm Welcome offer see our Surrey matters webpage: Warm welcome in Surrey's Libraries.
Need some IT help? Come along and see our friendly and approachable Digital Buddy.
- Every other Saturday from 10am until 12noon
Book an appointment at the library desk.