- Saturday 29 September from 10:30am to 12 noon.
Come along and:
- Meet Odin
- Join us for our crafty storytelling
- Learn how to row a boat
- Listen to the music of Wagner
- Join us for Viking training.
Tickets cost £3 and can be purchased from Farnham Library. Suitable for children aged from 4 to 9 years. Fancy Dress Optional.
Design your own Library Bag
- Thursday 25 October, two sessions:
- Session 1 from 10.15am to 11am
- Session 2 from 11.15am to 12 noon.
Join us at Farnham Library to design your very own library bag. You will get your very own cloth bag to take away with you at the end of the day that you can personalise with stamps, fabric pens and fabric paints. Why not make a bag for back to school or even make a personalised early Christmas present.
Tickets cost £3 per session and can be purchased from Farnham Library.
We ask that children under the age of 8 be accompanied by an adult
Please be aware that as this activity uses fabric pens and fabric paints we advise that you wear old clothes for this activity.
Decorate you own Desk Tidy
- Friday 26 October, two sessions:
- Session 1 from 2.15pm to 3.15pm
- Session 2 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
Join us at Farnham Library to decorate your very own desk tidy. You will get a wooden desk tidy that you can personalise with pens, paints and other decorations.
Tickets cost £3 per session and can be purchased from Farnham Library. This event is for children aged 4 upwards.
- Saturday 6 October, from 11am to 5pm.
Join us for the following events at our fun palace:
- We will be holding a special storytime at 10am, 12 noon, 2pm and 4pm with a story and craft for you to join in with. We will be reading "a busy time for birds" by Lucy Cousins.
- Learn to make pop up cards.
- Make your own Elmer.
- Colour in a paper gift bag.
- Make a Friendship Bracelet and lots of other activities for children and adults.
Are you a Maker of any kind? Help us create hands-on fun for all ages (yes, adults are allowed to play!) in organizing Fun Palaces. If a hands-on workshop is not your thing, you can help looking after the visitors, documenting the event, setting the event up. If you're a local artist, crafter, or scientist (or anything else!) and would like to contribute please get in touch.
Nine Lessons in Murder: an evening with crime writer Nicola Upson
- Friday 30 November, 7pm–8pm. Farnham Library. Tickets: £10.
Nicola Upson's crime novels featuring the author Josephine Tey have been praised as 'historical crime fiction at its very best' (Sunday Times) and 'a masterstroke of literary theft' (Independent on Sunday). Set in the 1930s, they weave original murder mysteries around a celebration of Tey's life and work, bridging the Golden Age and the contemporary. The latest, Nine Lessons, takes readers from Cambridge to the Suffolk coast, following a series of audacious murders inspired by M.R. James' famous ghost stories; the book has been shortlisted for the 2018 CWA Historical Dagger and was a Publisher's Weekly Best Mystery of 2017.
This event is part of the Body in the Library crime festival in Surrey libraries.
Rhymetime and storytime
Baby bounce and rhyme
Note: This event is not ticketed, please turn up at the given times below.
Songs and nursery rhymes for babies and toddlers.
- Every Tuesday, from 11am to 11.30am. On Tuesday 5 June the session will start at 11.15am.
Find out more about rhymetime in Surrey libraries.
Note: This event is not ticketed, but places are limited so please turn up in plenty of time.
- Every Monday (term time only), 10.30am–11.30am.
Find out more about storytime in Surrey libraries.
New Chatterbooks group
We are looking to start a new Chatterbooks group, suitable for children aged 8–11. The group will meet on Tuesdays from 4.45pm to 5.30pm. We are hoping to launch the first session on Tuesday 9 October.
If you would like to join us please register an interest in the library. It will be first come, first served so get in quickly!
Ask in the library for any further details.
Farnham Library reading group
This is open to all book lovers who enjoy discussing books. Come along and join.
- Second Thursday of each month, from 11.30am to 12.30pm in the Culver Room.
Would you like help using computers and the internet? Make an appointment with our Digital Buddy who can offer free, one to one, support.
To see exactly what a Digital Buddy can offer and when sessions are available at this and other libraries please check our Digital Buddy page.
Knit and stitch craft group
Meeting on the following Fridays from 2.30pm until 4pm:
- Knit and stitch is taking a break over the Summer. It will resume in the Autumn.
Tea or Coffee and biscuits will be available for a small charge of 50p. Bring along your own project to work on and meet some new people.
This Summer Farnham Library will be decorating the Library with a red and black striped yarn bomb. To help we would like to ask for any donations of unwanted red and black wool, any shade or amount. There is a drop off point inside Farnham Library. If you would like to contribute by making part of the yarn bomb, details of how to take part will be released at out first knit and stitch group meeting. Come along to find out more or ask at the library at any time after 2 March.
National Careers Advisor one-to-one appointments
The National Careers Service offer free help to those aged over 19 with employment and further education queries.
Their friendly advisors can help you:
- Develop your CV
- Improve your interview technique
- Review and improve your skills
- Find training courses
- Explore your career options
- Look for a job
Ring 01329 559 169 to book your free session or call their Careersline on 01329 559 160 for over the phone advice.