Get Online Week
Surrey Libraries is supporting 'Get Online Week' from 15 - 21 October 2018.
Sessions will be held at Ashford Library on:
- Friday 19 October, from 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Develop your confidence using the internet and learn basic computer skills with help and one-to-one support from our friendly staff and volunteers. Get free help with Basic Computer Skills including:
- Keyboard and Mouse Skills
- Introduction to the Internet
- Setting up an email account
- Word documents and file management
- Password and internet security
- Get ready for Universal Credit- set up Verify account.
Sessions can be pre booked either in person at the library running the sessions or by calling 03456 009 009 and asking to be put through to that branch.
Drop-in sessions may also be available on the day.
Learn on a library computer or bring you own laptop.
Rhymetime and storytime
Note: This event is not ticketed, please turn up at the given times below.
Come and join us for some music and rhymes.
- Every Wednesday, from 10.30am to 11am.
- Every Friday, from 10.30am to 11am.
- Every Saturday, from 10.30am to 11am.
Find out more about rhymetime in Surrey libraries.
Weekly themed storytimes for 3 to 8 year olds.
- Every Tuesday, from 3.45pm to 4.15pm.
Find out more about storytime in Surrey libraries.
Ashford Library reading group
Fun and informal group to join - always looking for new members to join.
- Monthly on Thursdays, from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
If you want to set up your own reading group, whether you wish to hold it at the library (or at any chosen meeting place), we can help provide books and give advice - talk to the library staff for more information.
Chatterbooks Reading Group for 8 to 10 year olds
Have some fun through reading and it's a good opportunity to build confidence in expressing your opinion.
Come along to talk about books, play games, and do quizzes and word searches with different themes or authors each month. Chatterbooks sessions are free.
- Sessions run on the last Thursday of the month, from 3.45pm to 4.30 pm, upcoming dates:
- 1 November
- 29 November
- No Chatterbooks in December
- 31 January
- 28 February
- 28 March
- 25 April
- 30 May
- 27 June
Get More from Your Library
- Saturdays at 2pm, fortnightly
Did you know that Surrey Libraries offers a wide variety of services reaching far beyond books? Would you like to learn more about all the services that Surrey Libraries offers, both at the branch and on-line? Please join one of our library talks where a volunteer will give a short introduction to our many services. Sign up at the enquiry desk to reserve your place.
Art on display at Ashford Library
Ashford Library is proud to have on display for another year some paintings by local artist Julian Game. They are on display around the library and certainly brighten it up. Some new works have been added - please pop in to have a look.
Ashford Councillor Surgeries
Meet the councillors at the library.
- Every third Saturday of the month, from 11am to 1pm.
Ashford Library are facilitating sessions with Employability. This will mean that six out of our seven computers will not be available to the public during these times.
- Every Thursday, from 10am to 12 noon.
Local Conversations at Stanwell Library
- Every Monday, 2pm to 5pm at Stanwell Library.
Come along and meet Arturs Bilmanis, Community Development Assistant.
The Local Conversation in Stanwell is a new initiative which aims to bring the community together and take action on local issues.
Would you like help using computers and the internet? Make an appointment with one of the library service Digital Buddies who can offer free, one to one, support.
To see exactly what a Digital Buddy can offer, when and where sessions are available please check our Digital Buddy page.