Competition: Design your own flying machine
To commemorate the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci the library is holding a flying machine competition.
Design a flying machine no bigger than 50cm from any material. e.g. wood, Lego, paper, plastic etc. The judges are looking for originality, aesthetics, effort and, of course, flying potential.
- First prize for the competition is a family ticket to Biggin Hill Memorial Museum!
- Second prize is a book about flying.
- Entries should be delivered to the Lingfield Community Library by no later than 4pm on Friday 19 April.
- Please supply your name and contact details when delivering your flying machine.
- Entries will be placed on display in the library and may be reclaimed from Wednesday 1 May onwards.
Rhymetime and storytime
Note: This event is not ticketed, please turn up at the given times below.
Come along and join us for songs and rhymes.
- Every Thursday, at 10.15am.
For alternative dates, check your two nearest libraries:
Find out more about rhymetime in Surrey libraries.
Please join us for some stories specifically aimed at Key Stage 1 children.
- Every Thursday, 3.30pm to 4pm
Suitable for children aged 4–7 years.
Find out more about storytime in Surrey libraries.
There are currently four reading groups at this library. For more information, please ask in the library.
Would you like help using computers and the internet? Make an appointment with our Digital Buddy who can offer free, one to one, support.
To see exactly what a Digital Buddy can offer and when sessions are available at this and other libraries please check our Digital Buddy page.
Local history sessions
The Hayward Memorial Local History Centre at Lingfield library will in future arrange stewards to assist with enquiries by appointment.
- Details to follow.