Surrey Library members have access to a wide range of eLibrary services:
Love Audio Week
- Monday 10 June to 16 June.
Join in love audio week by borrowing downloadable audio books free from Surrey libraries. We have a great collection of eAudiobooks which you can access from home. Two online collections to select titles from: RBdigital and Ulverscroft.
All free so long as you are a library member. Not a member - how to join Surrey Libraries.
eAudiobooks are books borrowed as an audio file. You can listen to these on your computer, laptop, MP3 player, a tablet or on a smartphone.
- Download the app - desktop and mobile versions available. You can now register within the app.
- Visit RBdigital to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow up to 10 titles for up to 3 weeks (21 days).
- Accessing online. You have to register before using this service. Select the Register link in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- You will need your library card to register.
- There is a small collection of eBooks also available through this service.
- You can also use your username and password to borrow online magazines.
- RBdigital provide two online tutorials:
- How to checkout and listen to RBdigital Audiobooks using the media manager.
- How to checkout and read RBdigital eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions.
- Ulverscroft titles are provided through the ULibrary.
- Visit the ULibrary to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow 4 titles for up to 3 weeks.
- Login using your library card and Pin number.
- Download the app from your device app store.
- For help using the service please visit the ULibrary frequently asked questions.
An eBook is an electronic version of a book. It can be read on a computer, or with an eBook reader, on a tablet or on a smartphone.
- We use the cloudLibrary eBook service to provide our eBooks.
- Visit the cloudLibrary to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow 4 books for up to three weeks (21 days).
- Login in to the app using your library card and Pin number.
- You can download the appropriate app from the site, look in the top right hand corner. More information on how to download the app.
- You can download the Mobile version of the app from Google Play store or the App Store.
- Kindle Fire installation.
- This service is not compatible with the basic Kindle eReader.
- There is a PC and Mac version of the app.
- eReaders - to transfer eBooks to an eReader you need to download the windows or Mac version of the app. You transfer the eBooks to your eReader via the app.
eMagazines and eComics
Use your RB Digital account login for access to the full range of eMagazines currently available. If you are not already a registered user, see the section above on how to register with RB Digital.
Pressreader includes thousands of eMagazines and eNewspapers in a variety of languages. Updated daily. Available via the website or download the Pressreader app.
Our eComics collection is available via RB Digital (comics).
The eComic range now includes titles from the Marvel collection. They can be read within the RB Digital App or in your browser.
Project Gutenberg eBooks and eAudiobooks – classic titles which can be downloaded for free and do not count against your library limit.