Surrey Library members have access to a wide range of eLibrary services:
- Service changes from 31 March
- eMagazines and eComics
- Classic titles
- eBooks and eAudiobooks for Reading groups
- Online reference shelf
eBooks from 31 March 2020
You will now be able to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eComics all through the one App. So if you are not already registered with RBdigital you can do so now and start borrowing all the above for free.
- Register online, Select the Register link in the upper right hand side of the screen. or
- download the app and register within the app.
If you have already registered with the service to use eAudiobooks you will not need to register again. You can use the same details and the same app.
Why are we changing our eBooks supplier?
The contract with the cloudLibrary finishes on 31 March. Given we can now offer all our eBooks through the RBdigital service it seemed to be the best solution. We did look at other suppliers but RBdigital enables us to provide the best and most comprehensive service. We can now offer all the eResources mentioned above through the one service and app.
- Download the app - desktop and mobile versions available. You can now register within the app.
- Visit RBdigital to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow up to 10 titles for up to 3 weeks (21 days).
- Accessing online. You have to register before using this service. Select the Register link in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- You will need your library card to register.
- There is a small collection of eBooks also available through this service.
- You can also use your username and password to borrow online magazines.
- RBdigital provide two online tutorials:
- How to checkout and listen to RBdigital Audiobooks using the media manager.
- How to checkout and read RBdigital eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions.
- Ulverscroft titles are provided through the ULibrary.
- Visit the ULibrary to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow 4 titles for up to 3 weeks.
- Login using your library card and Pin number.
- Download the app from your device app store.
- For help using the service please visit the ULibrary frequently asked questions.
An eBook is an electronic version of a book. It can be read on a computer, or with an eBook reader, on a tablet or on a smartphone.
Please note: eBooks will no longer be available though the Bibliotheca cloudLibrary from 31 March.
Any books already borrowed and downloaded before midnight on the 30 March will still be able to be read until the loan period expires. You will not be able to renew. They must be downloaded. The service will no longer be available from 31 March.
- We use the cloudLibrary eBook service to provide our eBooks.
- Visit the cloudLibrary to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow 4 books for up to three weeks (21 days).
- Login in to the app using your library card and Pin number.
- You can download the appropriate app from the site, look in the top right hand corner. More information on how to download the app.
- You can download the Mobile version of the app from Google Play store or the App Store.
- Kindle Fire installation.
- This service is not compatible with the basic Kindle eReader.
- There is a PC and Mac version of the app.
- eReaders - to transfer eBooks to an eReader you need to download the windows or Mac version of the app. You transfer the eBooks to your eReader via the app.
eMagazines and eComics
Use your RB Digital account login for access to the full range of eMagazines currently available. If you are not already a registered user, see the section above on how to register with RB Digital.
Pressreader includes thousands of eMagazines and eNewspapers in a variety of languages. Updated daily. Available via the website or download the Pressreader app.
Our eComics collection is available via RB Digital (comics).
The eComic range now includes titles from the Marvel collection. They can be read within the RB Digital App or in your browser.
Project Gutenberg eBooks and eAudiobooks – classic titles which can be downloaded for free and do not count against your library limit.
eBooks and eAudiobooks for reading groups
Find out more about our eBook and eAudiobook titles for reading groups.