Coronavirus: due to the coronavirus outbreak, all Surrey Libraries are closed
Please read this urgent statement about Surrey's library service including information about loans and renewals.
Shut but still open
We have published a list of online services, activities and fun things for both children and adults to do whilst at home.
Surrey Library members have access to a wide range of eLibrary services:
- Service changes from 31 March
- eMagazines and eComics
- Classic titles
- eBooks and eAudiobooks for Reading groups
- Online reference shelf
eBooks from 31 March 2020
eBooks will no longer be available through the cloudLibrary.
Any books already borrowed and downloaded before midnight on the 30 March will still be able to be read until the loan period expires, so long as you don't sign out the app. You will not be able to renew. They must be downloaded. The service will no longer be available from 31 March.
The library service will make eBooks available through the RBdigital service.
You will now be able to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eComics all through the one App. So if you are not already registered with RBdigital you can do so now and start borrowing all the above for free.
- Register online, Select the Register link in the upper right hand side of the screen. or
- download the app and register within the app.
If you have already registered with the service to use eAudiobooks you will not need to register again. You can use the same details and the same app.
Why are we changing our eBooks supplier?
The contract with the cloudLibrary finishes on 31 March. Given we can now offer all our eBooks through the RBdigital service it seemed to be the best solution. We did look at other suppliers but RBdigital enables us to provide the best and most comprehensive service. We can now offer all the eResources mentioned above through the one service and app.
- Download the app - desktop and mobile versions available. You can now register within the app.
- Visit RBdigital to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow up to 10 titles for up to 3 weeks (21 days).
- Accessing online. You have to register before using this service. Select the Register link in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- You will need your library card to register.
- There is a small collection of eBooks also available through this service.
- You can also use your username and password to borrow online magazines.
- RBdigital provide two online tutorials:
- How to checkout and listen to RBdigital Audiobooks using the media manager.
- How to checkout and read RBdigital eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions.
- Ulverscroft titles are provided through the ULibrary.
- Visit the ULibrary to browse the collection, find out more information and access the online help.
- You can borrow 4 titles for up to 3 weeks.
- Login using your library card and Pin number.
- Download the app from your device app store.
- For help using the service please visit the ULibrary frequently asked questions.
eMagazines and eComics
Use your RB Digital account login for access to the full range of eMagazines currently available. If you are not already a registered user, see the section above on how to register with RB Digital.
Pressreader includes thousands of eMagazines and eNewspapers in a variety of languages. Updated daily. Available via the website or download the Pressreader app.
Our eComics collection is available via RB Digital (comics).
The eComic range now includes titles from the Marvel collection. They can be read within the RB Digital App or in your browser.
Project Gutenberg eBooks and eAudiobooks – classic titles which can be downloaded for free and do not count against your library limit.
eBooks and eAudiobooks for reading groups
Find out more about our eBook and eAudiobook titles for reading groups.