Our reading group resources
We regularly update three lists of titles available in multiple copies from our libraries:
- Fiction titles with at least 20 copies in stock (PDF)
- Thriller titles with at least 20 copies in stock (PDF)
- Non-fiction titles with at least 12 copies in stock (PDF)
eBooks and eAudiobooks for reading groups
Surrey Library members have access to a wide range of eLibrary services.
Reading group members have access to a selection of eBooks and eAudiobooks chosen especially for Reading Groups. All members of the group will be able to read the same book, at the same time. Each member of the group will need to borrow the books using their own library card and PIN number. Select a title from our Reading Groups eBook collection or from the Reading Groups eAudiobook collection.
The best way to access the service is through the Libby app. Getting started with the Libby app.
eBook and eAudiobook loans are for three weeks (21 days), not the usual six weeks for reading groups, and are renewable (where available.) Loans and holds are also limited to one copy of each title per library card or login. This means that reading group members will need to use their individual library cards to place holds and borrow books.
If you are interested in setting up your own virtual group to meet remotely, The Reading Agency has more information you might find useful on their website.
The ULibrary Talking Books Book Club allows adults to enjoy the same eAudiobook at the same time, and discuss it with Talking Books members around the world. If you are not already a ULibrary member, you will first need to register for a ULibrary login.
Reading groups' newsletter
Subscribe to our Reading Groups' Newsletter for all the latest news, reviews and regular features. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to join our mailing list.
Most popular titles with reading groups in Surrey
We have also produced a list of the most popular titles borrowed by reading groups from Surrey Libraries in 2020. The list also shows where a title is available in Large Print (LP), Audiobook (TCD), or Ebook (Ebk) format.
Reading groups' reviews
We encourage reading groups to review books they have read:
The following websites are useful for all sorts of book news and reviews, choosing books and up to date information about literary awards and prizes:
Websites for reading groups
- Reading Groups for Everyone - Reading group network from the The Reading Agency, includes giveaways, free books and competitions.
- Good Reads - For book lovers to read and post reviews. Members can look at what others have read and create their own bookshelves.
Websites for book lovers
- Lovereading – The UK's leading book recommendation website, designed to promote a love of books and reading to all.
- NB Magazine – A topical magazine for readers and reading groups.
- Whichbook - Enables millions of combinations of factors and then suggests books which most closely match your needs.
Files available to download
- Fiction titles with at least 20 copies in stock in Surrey libraries (PDF)
A list of titles suitable for reading groups or book clubs as we have enough copies in stock to facilitate them.
- Thriller titles with at least 20 copies in stock in Surrey libraries (PDF)
A list of thriller titles suitable for reading groups or book clubs as we have enough copies in stock to facilitate them.
- Non-Fiction titles with at least 12 copies in Surrey libraries (PDF)
A list of non-fiction titles suitable for reading groups or book clubs as we have enough copies in stock to facilitate them.