Our reading group resources
We regularly update three lists of titles available in multiple copies from our libraries:
- Fiction titles with at least 20 copies in stock (PDF)
- Thriller titles with at least 20 copies in stock (PDF)
- Non-fiction titles with at least 12 copies in stock (PDF)
Most popular titles with reading groups in Surrey
We have also produced a list of the most popular titles borrowed by reading groups (PDF) from Surrey Libraries in 2018. The list also shows where a title is available in Large Print (LP), Audiobook (TCD), or DVD format.
Reading groups' newsletter and reviews
See the latest issue of our reading groups' newsletter (PDF) for lots more news, reviews and regular features. Previous issues can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
We encourage reading groups to review books they have read:
eBooks and eAudiobooks for reading groups
Surrey Library members have access to a wide range of eLibrary services. We recommend using RBdigital to access our eBook and eAudiobook services for reading groups.
You can borrow up to 4 eBooks, or 10 eAudiobooks, for three weeks (21 days), not the usual 6 weeks for reading group loans. These loans are renewable (where available) but not reservable, and limited to one copy per library card or login.
To help you identify eBook or eAudiobook titles which are available for loan by reading groups, please see our lists of suggested digital titles (PDF). These titles have been selected to complement our Fiction, Thriller, and Non Fiction multiple copies lists.
The following websites are useful for all sorts of book news and reviews, choosing books and up to date information about literary awards and prizes:
Websites for reading groups
- Reading Groups for Everyone - Reading group network from the The Reading Agency, includes giveaways, free books and competitions.
- Good Reads - For book lovers to read and post reviews. Members can look at what others have read and create their own bookshelves.
Websites for book lovers
- Lovereading – The UK's leading book recommendation website, designed to promote a love of books and reading to all.
- NB Magazine – A topical magazine for readers and reading groups.
- Whichbook - Enables millions of combinations of factors and then suggests books which most closely match your needs.
Files available to download
- Reading Groups newsletter issue 8 August 2019 (646.2 KB)
Reading group newsletter August 2019
- Most popular titles borrowed by reading groups (300.3 KB)
A list of the most popular titles with Surrey libraries reading groups.
- Digital titles for reading groups (261.2 KB)
Lists of eBook and eAudiobook titles which are available for loan by reading groups, and designed to complement our multiple copies lists.
- Fiction titles with at least 20 copies in stock in Surrey libraries (717.6 KB)
A list of titles suitable for reading groups or book clubs as we have enough copies in stock to facilitate them.
- Thriller titles with at least 25 copies in stock in Surrey libraries (603.6 KB)
A list of thriller titles suitable for reading groups or book clubs as we have enough copies in stock to facilitate them.
- Non-Fiction titles with at least 12 copies in Surrey libraries (697.5 KB)
A list of non-fiction titles suitable for reading groups or book clubs as we have enough copies in stock to facilitate them.