Coronavirus: due to the coronavirus outbreak, all Surrey Libraries are closed
Please read this urgent statement about Surrey's library service including information about loans and renewals.
Shut but still open
We have published a list of online services, activities and fun things for both children and adults to do whilst at home.
Out Lit is a collection of films and books that celebrates the art, experience and culture of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender population.
A collection of new and classic fiction including science fiction, comedy and erotica.
This includes newly published memoirs as well as historical biographies.
Out Lit includes some of the best writers of young adult fiction. This list includes authors such as Meg Rosoff, David Levithan, Julie Anne Peters and many more voices waiting to be discovered.
This includes parenting for LGBT couples, civil partnerships, law and many titles which explore LGBT culture and history.
Landmark TV series such as Angels in America and Queer as Folk are to be found alongside film classics and comedies. This collection includes 12 of the BFI's top LGBT films as voted for by over 100 international critics and filmmakers.
Life Matters includes a range of guides for parents and families. You can find a selection of picture books for young children which look at LGBT families as well as guides to parenting and adoption.
For more information and a selection of titles please read the OutLit leaflet (PDF).
Can't find a book that you really think should be included? Tell us about it via our Library stock suggestion form.
If you, or someone you know are in need of support or advice try local organisation, Outline Surrey, a lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning (LGBTQ) helpline giving support, advice and information in confidence.
Support, information and advice for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender population.
Want to suggest a new link? Use the feedback tool at the bottom of this page.
- Outline. Local lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning helpline giving support, advice and information in confidence.
- Stonewall. The lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender charity.
The National LGB&T Partnership
- The National LGB&T Partnership. Reducing health inequalities and improving access to health and social care for LGB&T people.
The Gender Identity Research and Education Society
- The Gender Identity Research and Education Society. GIRES' purpose is to improve the lives of trans and gender non-conforming people, including those who are non-binary and non-gender.
- TranzWiki is a comprehensive directory of the groups campaigning for, supporting or assisting trans and gender non-conforming individuals.
The Albert Kennedy Trust
- The Albert Kennedy Trust supports lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans homeless young people in crisis. Every day they deal with the effects that homelessness can have on young people's lives.
It Gets Better
- It Gets Better. Giving hope to young LGBT people.
- Mermaids. Family and individual support for teenagers and children with gender identity issues.
- FFLAG. Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.
Files available to download
- Life matters: information and a selection of titles selection of titles (1.8 MB)
leaflet giving more information on life matters and highlighting a selection of titles held by Surrey Libraries.