If the particular title that you are looking for is not in stock or is being borrowed by someone else at your local library, you can request for a copy to be sent from another library.
There is a charge for requesting titles (shown in the table at the bottom of this page). You can pay a charge online, or when you next visit a library.
How to request a title
- Find the title on the catalogue.
- If it is available for request, there will either be a link "Reserve title" or button "Reserve" for you to click on. Once you have done this, follow the instructions on screen.
- You will need your library card number and your PIN to complete the request.
- Request fees for Surrey libraries' stock are halved from £1.75 to 75p when reserved online.
- Request fees for Surrey libraries' stock are refundable if not supplied within 6 weeks. This does not apply to any titles which are not in stock when the request is placed, including titles which are on order, regardless of publication date.
Request charges (per item)
|Adult book in Surrey libraries' stock|
£1.75, 75p if set by you online
Children's/young adult book in Surrey libraries' stock
|Audio book request (CD or cassette)||£1.75, 75p if set online|
|Music CD request||£1.75, 75p if set online|
|Video and DVD request||£1.75, 75p if set online|