This policy applies to tickets bought for charged events and activities organised by the library service.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Library Service's right to make any alterations to the advertised arrangements, which are a result of circumstances beyond their control.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after tickets have been purchased (significant changes might include a change of specific speaker, venue, or time).
- Please check your ticket/s carefully upon receipt as mistakes cannot be rectified.
- Admission is at the final discretion of the Library Service. Persons may be required to leave an event at any time if their behaviour is unacceptable or other circumstances prevail.
- The use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited unless specifically allowed for in a particular event. Any unauthorised taping or filming may be confiscated. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patron's own food and drink may also be prohibited (please check with the Library Service).
- Every effort to admit latecomers will be made but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- If an event is cancelled rescheduled or changed, the Library Service will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation/change.
- If an event is cancelled, the cost of the ticket/s, and any booking fee, will be refunded to ticket holders in full.
- If an event is rescheduled, ticket holders will be offered the opportunity to transfer their ticket/s to the new date. If the ticket holder does not wish to take advantage of this arrangement, the ticket price and any booking fee will be refunded to the ticket holder in full.
- Any refunds which are given will be paid using the same method of payment by which the sale was originally made.
- If an event is sold out, tickets may be accepted for resale. No guarantee is given that we will be able to resell tickets. If ticket/s are successfully resold, the ticket price will be refunded minus any booking fee.
- The Library Service will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace lost or stolen tickets.
- Please note that photography and filming may take place at events and be used on our website and social media. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed please make yourself known to staff so that they seat you in an appropriate area.