- This service is designed for groups of residents (three or more) in one community setting who would like regular access to library stock but are unable to visit a library themselves, due to ill health, disability, mobility problems and/or caring responsibilities.
- A community setting can borrow up to 50 books and up to 12 audiobooks to a maximum of 62 items out on loan at one time. The audiobooks are issued onto the card free of any hire charge.
- The normal library loan period is up to 3 weeks but for the LDCS, this has been extended up to 13 weeks.
- Residents at the community setting may request books and audiobooks free of charge when the items are in Libraries Consortium stock.
- If there is no activity on the account for a period of six months then a letter will be sent out asking if the service is still required. If no response is received within one month of receipt of the letter and there is still no activity on the account, the service will be withdrawn.
- The manager of the community setting will be listed as the main guarantor for the library account. Although the community setting will not be ultimately responsible for lost/damaged items that have been loaned to their residents, we do ask that every effort will be made to ensure the return of these items if a resident moves or passes away.
- If items are lost/damaged on a regular basis at the community setting, the library service reserves the right to withdraw the service.
- The manager of the community setting is responsible for ensuring that the library service is advised of changes to staffing that affect their ability to provide this service.
- Proof of the community setting address is required upon collection of the library card at your selected library.
Revised January 2023.