Coronavirus – Community Recycling Centre Update 19 July
In line with the Government's announcement regarding social distancing measures and step 4 of the roadmap out of lockdown there will be a number of changes at the Community Recycling Centres across Surrey.
From 19 July Social distancing barriers will be removed and the number of car-parking spaces will revert to normal operation. Assistance for the elderly, disabled and infirm will also recommence, with the added requirement that site staff and residents, unless exempted under the pre 19 July 2021 restrictions, wear a face covering for the protection of both parties. Please make contact, upon arriving at site, with a member of site staff if you require help.
Social distancing measures will be removed from the 3 reuse shops currently open at Leatherhead, Shepperton and Earlswood though face masks remain advisory.
From 22 July visitors to Epsom CRC can come without making a booking. The booking system trial has now ceased and bookings can only be made up to 19 July. Any bookings already taken after this date have been cancelled though visitors can still come to the site.
We ask that all visitors remain vigilant to the virus and respect the personal space of others while on site. In line with Government advice we would continue to suggest wearing a mask when visiting, as the sites can get crowded during busy periods.
Surrey resident scheme
Our Community Recycling Centres
Please see each individual community recycling centre (CRC) below for details of their addresses, opening hours and what you can and cannot take to them and any restrictions that apply.
- All our CRCs are for Surrey residents only to dispose of household waste and recycling.
- If you bring your household waste in a van, pickup or trailer you will need a permit.
- Some non-household materials are chargeable waste.
- If you are a business, you can only take your business waste/recycling to a waste transfer station.
Before visiting a CRC, please separate and sort your recycling from your waste to ensure that it gets recycled. It costs less to recycle waste than it does to dispose of it. At each CRC, individual labelled containers make recycling quick and easy.
If you are not sure where to recycle or dispose of a particular item of waste or you would like to know which is your nearest CRC, please search: What and where you can recycle.
Our community recycling centres
- Bagshot Community Recycling Centre
- Camberley Community Recycling Centre
- Caterham Community Recycling Centre
- Cranleigh Community Recycling Centre
- Dorking Community Recycling Centre
- Earlswood Community Recycling Centre
- Epsom Community Recycling Centre
- Farnham Community Recycling Centre
- Guildford Community Recycling Centre
- Leatherhead Community Recycling Centre
- Lyne (Chertsey) Community Recycling Centre
- Shepperton Community Recycling Centre
- Warlingham Community Recycling Centre
- Witley Community Recycling Centre
- Woking Community Recycling Centre
Please note: We do not tolerate any form of abuse directed towards our site staff. Any serious incidents or threatening behaviour will be reported to the police and may result in council services being withdrawn.