From 7 May 2019 Cranleigh Community Recycling Centre (CRC) became a 'recycling only' centre and any non-recyclable materials will no longer be accepted at this site.
In addition vans, pickups and trailers will no longer be able to access this site.
The nearest alternative site is Witley CRC.
- Monday - 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday to Friday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Cranleigh).
- Weekends - 9am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed
The centre can close for up to 30 minutes during the day while full containers are exchanged and waste compacted. View your nearest CRC alternative when Cranleigh is closed.
- Address: Elmbridge Road, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8JX
- Telephone: 01483 273 836 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
Before your visit, please check Cranleigh CRC's site plan (PDF).
What you can bring
What you cannot bring
- Business waste
- Black bag waste
- Hard plastics
- Hazardous waste e.g garden chemicals and paint
- Wood and timber
- Hard-core, rubble and soil
- Roofing felt
- You will not be able to dispose of your recycling at Cranleigh CRC, in a van, pickup or trailer.
- If you bring both recyclable waste and non-recyclable waste to these sites, you will only be allowed to dispose of your recyclable waste.
- Staff have been provided with training and guidance to assess your waste, and their decision is final.
- The law states that the council may restrict the availability of specified places to specified descriptions of waste.
Where you can take your non-recyclable waste
- You may be able to dispose of your non-recyclable waste at you kerbside collection or if you have large items, you can apply for a bulk waste collection for a charge. Please see your local district/borough website for more information.
- Items in reusable condition or working order can be donated to a local charity or advertised through a free community exchange scheme such as: Freecycle, Freegle or Freely Wheely or furniture can be donated to the Surrey Reuse Network.
- Non-recyclable waste can be taken to the following community recycling centres.
Vans, pickups and trailers will no longer be able to access this site. the nearest alternative site is Witley CRC.
Files available to download
- Cranleigh Community Recycling Centre site plan (719.7 KB)
Cranleigh CRC site plan shows the location of the different containers to deposit your waste into the correct bay, bank or container.