Witley Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 6 January 2021
Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) will remain open, however the Revive re-use shops will be closed.
Please do not visit the CRCs unless your journey is essential – stay at home. You should not visit the CRCs if you are any of the following:
- Extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes.
- Symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- In a 10-day household isolation.
Introducing ANPR at our CRCs from March 2021 onwards
Surrey County Council is introducing Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology to thirteen of its fifteen Community Recycling Centres. The system will capture and read an image of visitors' vehicle number plates to enable monitoring of usage and to assist in identifying unauthorised users. The cameras will be rolled out throughout March with the system going live shortly thereafter.
- Site rules
- Opening times
- Information for customers with disabilities
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday to Sunday - 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Information for customers with disabilities
On arrival at the site please ask a member of staff if they can provide you with a trolley. You must however be able to unload the waste into the trolley yourself. Once unloaded, a member of the site staff will take the trolley away and dispose of the waste in the appropriate containers. Social distancing requirements need to be observed at all times.
- Address: Petworth Road, Witley, Surrey, GU8 5QW
- Telephone: 01428 683 168 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Witley CRC please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Witley CRC.
What you cannot bring
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.