Guildford Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 1 December 2020
Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) remain open.
Please check the individual CRC pages you wish to visit beforehand for exact details of waste that can be accepted.
- Site rules
- Opening times
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Future plans for Slyfield
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday - 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Guildford)
- Thursday and Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 8am - 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
- Address: Moorfield Road, Slyfield Green Industrial Estate, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1RU.
- Telephone: 01483 532 187 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Guildford CRC please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Guildford CRC.
- Guildford CRC is currently unable to accept asbestos.
What you cannot bring
Business waste - business and commercial waste must be taken to the waste transfer station where it will be weighed and a charge made for its disposal.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.
Future plans for the centre
We are working to relocate the community recycling centre on Moorfield Road and to improve operations at the waste transfer station.
The planned new centre will have a number of benefits including:
- A better layout making it easier for you to recycle
- Space for more containers, so we can collect a wider range of materials and change what goes in each bin in line with seasonal demands.
- Separate roads for cars and HGVs (heavy goods vehicles) to reduce queuing
- Additional parking spaces so more people can use the facility at the same time
- An improved waste transfer station so local councils can collect more materials from the kerbside
- A better location providing easier access