Coronavirus - all centres closed
Our community recycling centres are closed with immediate effect from 24 March 2020 until further notice.
The County Council made the decision in the light of the Prime Minister's statement of 23 March 2020 to restrict all but essential movement.
The decision will be reviewed once new guidance has been issued by the government.
Residents should check with their district or borough council for the latest collection updates, and are asked to hold onto excess waste to prevent the service from becoming overwhelmed.
We thank you for your understanding.
- Monday - 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Guildford).
- Thursday and Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 9am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed
- Address: Moorfield Road, Slyfield Green Industrial Estate, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1RU.
- Telephone: 01483 532 187 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
Before your visit, please check Guildford CRC's site plan (PDF).
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Guildford CRC please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Guildford CRC.
What you cannot bring
Business waste - business and commercial waste must be taken to the waste transfer station where it will be weighed and a charge made for its disposal.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
Future plans for the centre
We are working to relocate the community recycling centre on Moorfield Road and to improve operations at the waste transfer station.
The planned new centre will have a number of benefits including:
- A better layout making it easier for you to recycle
- Space for more containers, so we can collect a wider range of materials and change what goes in each bin in line with seasonal demands.
- Separate roads for cars and HGVs (heavy goods vehicles) to reduce queuing
- Additional parking spaces so more people can use the facility at the same time
- An improved waste transfer station so local councils can collect more materials from the kerbside
- A better location providing easier access
Files available to download
- Guildford Community Recycling Centre site plan (733.5 KB)
Guildford CRC site plan shows the location of the different containers to deposit your waste into the correct bay, bank or container.