Guildford Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update
From Friday 4 September eight of our sites will be accepting chargeable waste (soil, rubble, plasterboard and tyres) again. These are: Camberley, Earlswood, Epsom, Guildford, Leatherhead, Shepperton, Witley and Woking. Chertsey will not be accepting chargeable waste until further notice.
All Surrey community recycling centres (CRCs) reopened on 1 August, but some are only accepting certain types of waste. Please check our individual CRC pages for details before you travel.
We have increased the types of waste that can now be accepted at our CRCs, however this varies from site to site. Please check the individual CRC pages you wish to visit beforehand for exact details of waste that can be accepted.
From Friday 28 August our Epsom CRC will be accepting asbestos again. Please check our asbestos acceptance criteria before visiting the site. Shepperton and Guildford CRCs will still not be accepting asbestos.
Residents using a van, pick-up or trailer can use the sites again, but will still need a valid van permit and adhere to the 'Terms & Conditions'. Hire vehicles must have vehicle hire documentation clearly displayed in the windscreen. No vans, pick-ups or trailers will be allowed access onto the Bagshot, Caterham, Cranleigh, Dorking, Farnham and Warlingham CRCs.
As visitor levels return to normal, all sites returned to their standard opening days as of Saturday 1 August. Please check the website before travelling.
Residents should only use the CRCs if they absolutely need to, and must check for the latest information before they travel, as these arrangements are subject to change. Please see individual CRC pages for further details.
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday - 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday - closed
- Thursday and Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 8am - 4pm
- This site can often be busy. If you only have green waste then you can also visit the Cranleigh CRC as this is a smaller and often quieter site and it may make your trip faster.
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Getting to the site
Access needs to be maintained for residential collection trucks at Guildford CRC. To support this, residents will be directed along Westfield Road to access the site. Please follow instructions from traffic marshals.
- Address: Moorfield Road, Slyfield Green Industrial Estate, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1RU.
- Telephone: 01483 532 187 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
During the second reopening phase, residents can bring batteries, black bag waste, bulky waste, cardboard, gas bottles, green waste, hazardous waste, scrap metal, small electronics (including TVs), textiles, white goods, wood and chargeable waste.
Residents are asked to hold onto other materials they need to take to CRCs. The intention is to move to a further reopening phase after a few weeks when the full range of materials can be accepted, but only when it is safe to do. We will continue to only allow reduced numbers on sites to maintain social distancing.
No other waste can be accepted at this time, and the reuse shops are staying closed.
We ask that you bear with us whilst operation of this restricted service gets underway. We do anticipate that there may be significant demand in the first few days, and you may be asked to leave and come back at a later date.
Please treat site staff with respect and consideration during this challenging period.