Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 16 June 2021
In line with the governments announcement implementing a 4 week pause to the easing of the current step 3 lockdown measures, the lifting of restrictions at Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRC's) will now not take place on the 21 June 2021. This decision will be reviewed in 4 weeks time.
From 2 April, a wider range of materials has been accepted at Bagshot, Cranleigh, Dorking and Warlingham community recycling centres (CRCs).
These sites now accept non-recyclable black bag and bulky wastes in addition to a full range of recyclable wastes.
Please check the CRC you wish to visit for more detail.
Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) continue to remain open.
From the 12 April some Revive re-use shops have reopened please check the CRC you wish to visit
Please do not visit the CRCs unless your journey is essential – stay at home. You should not visit the CRCs if you are any of the following:
- Extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes.
- Symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- In 10-day self isolation. (Please refer to the NHS website for specific guidance on self isolation)
Introducing ANPR at our CRCs from early 2021 onwards.
Surrey County Council is introducing Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology at thirteen of its fifteen Community Recycling Centres. The system will capture and read an image of visitors' vehicle number plates to enable monitoring of usage and to assist in identifying unauthorised users. For further information on what we do with this information please read our Privacy notice.
The cameras will be installed in March with the system going live shortly thereafter.
- Site rules
- Opening times
- Accessing the site
- Information for customers who have disabilities
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Future plans for Slyfield
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday - 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Guildford)
- Thursday and Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 8am - 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Accessing the site
Due to the site becoming increasingly busy in recent days we have instigated a queuing arrangement along Westfield Road for cars visiting our CRC. This means that cars need to access our site from the road to the left of the roundabout.
There is significant diversion signage in place once you have entered the industrial estate. In addition, on weekdays there are traffic marshals managing the queue, allowing waste vehicles easy access to the neighbouring Waste Transfer Station.
Information for customers with disabilities
We are happy for elderly, infirm or disabled residents to bring somebody with them to help.
If this is not possible, on arrival at the site please ask a member of staff if they can provide you with a trolley. You must however be able to unload the waste into the trolley yourself. Once unloaded, a member of the site staff will take the trolley away and dispose of the waste in the appropriate containers. Social distancing requirements need to be observed at all times.
- Address: Moorfield Road, Slyfield Green Industrial Estate, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1RU.
- Telephone: 01483 532 187 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Guildford CRC please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Guildford CRC.
- Guildford CRC is currently unable to accept asbestos.
What you cannot bring
Business waste - business and commercial waste must be taken to the waste transfer station where it will be weighed and a charge made for its disposal.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.
Future plans for the centre
We are working to relocate the community recycling centre on Moorfield Road and to improve operations at the waste transfer station.
The planned new centre will have a number of benefits including:
- A better layout making it easier for you to recycle
- Space for more containers, so we can collect a wider range of materials and change what goes in each bin in line with seasonal demands.
- Separate roads for cars and HGVs (heavy goods vehicles) to reduce queuing
- Additional parking spaces so more people can use the facility at the same time
- An improved waste transfer station so local councils can collect more materials from the kerbside
- A better location providing easier access