Earlswood Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 31 October 2020
Further to the Prime Minister's announcement on 31 October 2020, Community Recycling Centres will remain open as normal.
Community Recycling Centres update 19 October 2020
We have increased the types of waste that can now be accepted at our Community Recycling Centres (CRCs), however this varies from site to site. Please check the individual CRC pages you wish to visit beforehand for exact details of waste that can be accepted.
Residents should only use the CRCs if they absolutely need to, and must check for the latest information before they travel, as these arrangements are subject to change. Please see individual CRC pages for further details.
From 5 November, visitors to Epsom Community Recycling Centre will need to pre-book a slot in order to visit the centre.
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday to Sunday - 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Getting to the site
We have to keep roads clear around Earlswood CRC to maintain access to East Surrey Hospital. To support this there will be NO right hand turn into the CRC from the A23. Signage and marshals will be in place to direct traffic into the site from the South.
Traffic will be signed south on the A23 to Three Arch Road where it would turn around and turn right to rejoin the A23 northbound and turn left into the site.
- Address: Horley Road, Earlswood, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6PN
- Telephone: 01737 780372 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
During the second reopening phase, residents can bring batteries, black bag waste, bulky waste, cardboard, gas bottles, green waste, hazardous waste, scrap metal, small electronics (including TVs), textiles, white goods, wood and chargeable waste.
Residents are asked to hold onto other materials they need to take to CRCs. The intention is to move to a further reopening phase after a few weeks when the full range of materials can be accepted, but only when it is safe to do. We will continue to only allow reduced numbers on sites to maintain social distancing.
No other waste can be accepted at this time, and the reuse shops are staying closed.
We ask that you bear with us whilst operation of this restricted service gets underway. We do anticipate that there may be significant demand in the first few days, and you may be asked to leave and come back at a later date.
Please treat site staff with respect and consideration during this challenging period.