Possible short closures in November
Due to site surveys, needing to take place on some of our Community Recycling Centres (CRCs), there may be some disruption at the following locations:
- Leatherhead (Friday 4 November)
- Earlswood (Wednesday 9 November to Friday 11 November)
It is hoped that work can take place prior to opening or, after closing, however it is possible that work may overrun, resulting in unannounced closures for short periods.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Opening times
- Information for customers requiring assistance
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Revive re-use shop
Site and Revive re-use shop opening times
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 9am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Customers requiring assistance
If you require assistance for any reason, please ask a member of staff for help.
- Address: Randalls Road, Leatherhead. Surrey KT22 0BA.
- Telephone: 01372 375 479 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety reasons, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Leatherhead CRC, please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Leatherhead CRC.
- Aerosols – If empty place in with cans. If still has contents, then could potentially be hazardous. Ask a member of staff where to place them.
- Black bag waste – sent for Energy recovery
- Bottle tops – sent to various charities.
- Cans (mixed) – sent for recycling.
- Car batteries – sent for recycling
- Cardboard (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Carpet – recycling market limited
- CDs, Books and DVDs – sent to various charities
- Cooking oil – sent for recycling
- Engine oil – sent for recycling (maximum of 2 x 5 litre containers accepted per visit)
- Fluorescent tubes – sent for recycling
- Foil – no separate containers. Place in metal containers for recycling
- Furniture – if in good condition (please ask), maybe suitable for reuse in our 'Revive' shops. If not suitable, place wood-based furniture (including MDF/chipboard) into the wood container and furniture with a high metal content into the metal container. For all other furniture please seek advice on site.
- Garden waste – sent for recycling
- Gas bottles – sent for recycling (separate containers)
- Glass bottles and jars - sent for recycling
- Gypsum based products/plasterboard (Chargeable waste -separate containers) – sent for recycling
- Hardcore and rubble (Chargeable waste – separate containers) – sent for recycling
- Hard plastics - no current outlets for recycling (market dependant)
- Household batteries – sent for recycling
- Household/Garden chemicals – need to go in Hazardous Waste containers (ask a member of staff)
- Large Electricals (for example Fridge/Freezers – sent for recycling
- Mattresses – Trial mattress recycling project. Place in separate container
- Metal (Ferrous/Non-ferrous) – sent for recycling
- Mobile phones – sent to various charities
- Small electrical items – sent for recycling
- Paint (water-based/emulsion only) - collected and transferred to Guildford paint reuse shop
- Paper and card (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Plastic bottles (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Printer cartridges – sent to various charities
- Spectacles – sent to various charities
- Tetra Pak carton banks – sent for recycling
- Textile banks – sent for recycling
- TVs and Monitors – sent for recycling
- Tyres (Chargeable waste) – sent for recycling
- Water filters – sent for recycling
Wood/Timber – sent for recycling
What you cannot bring
- Business waste - business and commercial waste must be taken to the waste transfer station where it will be weighed and a charge made for its disposal.
- Petrol/Diesel – none of our CRCs have the appropriate licence to accept and store fuel
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.
Revive re-use shop
Open as normal during site opening times.
Revive reuse shops sell pre-owned items for the home and garden, reducing waste and supporting local charities.
By donating and shopping at the Revive re-use shops you will be helping to:
- Reduce waste and the associated disposal costs.
- Maintain essential services within Surrey County Council as revenue raised in the shops is used to offset the running costs of the CRCs.
- Raise money for local charities (10% of net profit is donated to charity).