Leatherhead Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 6 January 2021
Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) will remain open, however the Revive re-use shops will be closed.
Please do not visit the CRCs unless your journey is essential – stay at home. You should not visit the CRCs if you are any of the following:
- Extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes.
- Symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- In a 10-day household isolation.
- Site rules
- Opening times
- Getting to the site
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Revive re-use shop - UPDATE 21 December
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday to Sunday - 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Getting to the site
Access needs to be maintained for residential collection trucks at Leatherhead CRC. Please follow instructions from traffic marshals.
- Address: Randalls Road, Leatherhead. Surrey KT22 0BA.
- Telephone: 01372 375 479 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety reasons, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Leatherhead CRC, please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Leatherhead CRC.
What you cannot bring
- Business waste - business and commercial waste must be taken to the waste transfer station where it will be weighed and a charge made for its disposal.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.
Revive re-use shop
Due to Tier 4 Covid-19 restrictions recently introduced in Surrey, all Revive reuse shops will be closed until further notice.
Revive reuse shops sell pre-owned items for the home and garden, reducing waste and supporting local charities.
By donating and shopping at the Revive re-use shops you will be helping to:
- Reduce waste and the associated disposal costs.
- Maintain essential services within Surrey County Council as revenue raised in the shops is used to offset the running costs of the CRCs.
- Raise money for local charities (10% of net profit is donated to charity).