Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update
Most of Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) have reopened to accept a wider range of items.
Residents can take batteries, black bag waste, bulky waste, cardboard, gas bottles, green waste, hazardous waste, scrap metal, small electronics, white goods, and wood.
The CRCs are unable to accept asbestos, chargeable waste (soil, rubble, plasterboard or tyres), and textiles at present.
Residents using a van, pick-up or trailer can use the sites again, but will still need a valid van permit, as usual. Hire vehicles must have vehicle hire documentation clearly displayed in the windscreen. No vans, pick-ups or trailers will be allowed access onto the Farnham CRC.
The number of people allowed on site at one time are limited and there are revised opening hours.
Residents should only use the CRCs if they absolutely need to, and must check for the latest information before they travel, as these arrangements are subject to change. Please see individual site information for further details.
Due to the fewer numbers of people who can safely be on site and the impact of potential queuing on surrounding roads, our smaller sites in Bagshot, Caterham, Cranleigh, Dorking and Warlingham will remain closed.
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday to Sunday - 8am to 5pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed
- Address: Lyne Lane, Lyne, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0AR
- Telephone: 01932 560 271 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
What you can bring
During the second reopening phase, residents can bring batteries, black bag waste, bulky waste, cardboard, gas bottles, green waste, hazardous waste, scrap metal, small electronics, white goods and wood.
Residents are asked to hold onto other materials they need to take to CRCs, such as asbestos, chargeable waste (soil, rubble, plasterboard or tyres), and textiles. The intention is to move to a further reopening phase after a few weeks when the full range of materials can be accepted, but only when it is safe to do. We will continue to only allow reduced numbers on sites to maintain social distancing.
No other waste can be accepted at this time, and the reuse shops are staying closed.
We ask that you bear with us whilst operation of this restricted service gets underway. We do anticipate that there may be significant demand in the first few days, and you may be asked to leave and come back at a later date.
Please treat site staff with respect and consideration during this challenging period.