Dorking Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 1 December 2020
Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) remain open.
Please check the individual CRC pages you wish to visit beforehand for exact details of waste that can be accepted.
Dorking Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is a 'recycling only' centre and any non-recyclable materials will no longer be accepted at this site.
In addition vans, pickups and trailers will no longer be able to access this site.
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday to Thursday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Dorking).
- Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends - 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed
The centre can close for up to 30 minutes during the day while full containers are exchanged and waste compacted. View your nearest CRC alternative when Dorking is closed.
- Address: Ranmore Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1TL
- Telephone: 01306 887 471 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into the centre.
What you can bring
What you cannot bring
- Business waste
- Black bag waste
- Hard plastics
- Hazardous waste e.g garden chemicals and paint
- Hard-core, rubble and soil
- Roofing felt
- You will not be able to dispose of your recycling at Dorking CRC, in a van, pickup or trailer.
- If you bring both recyclable waste and non-recyclable waste to these sites, you will only be allowed to dispose of your recyclable waste.
- Staff have been provided with training and guidance to assess your waste, and their decision is final.
- The law states that the council may restrict the availability of specified places to specified descriptions of waste.
Where you can take your non-recyclable waste
- You may be able to dispose of your non-recyclable waste at you kerbside collection or if you have large items, you can apply for a bulk waste collection for a charge. Please see your local district/borough website for more information.
- Items in reusable condition or working order can be donated to a local charity or advertised through a free community exchange scheme such as: Freecycle, Freegle or Freely Wheely or furniture can be donated to the Surrey Reuse Network.
- Non-recyclable waste can be taken to the following community recycling centres
Vans, pick-ups and trailers will no longer be able to access this site. The nearest alternative site is Leatherhead CRC.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.