Bank Holiday closures for the Queen's Jubilee celebrations
Please be aware that all 15 Surrey Community Recycling Centres will be closed on Friday 3 June. They will operate their normal hours on Thursday 2 June, Saturday 4 June and Sunday 5 June.
Changes to the Surrey resident scheme from April 2022
Anyone wishing to visit any of our 15 Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) will need to prove that they are a Surrey resident.
- Opening times
- Information for customers with disabilities
- Getting to the site
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Revive re-use shop
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm (This CRC will be closed on Friday 3 Jun for the Queen's Jubilee celebrations)
- Weekends - 9am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Information for customers with disabilities
Assistance for the elderly, disabled and infirm is available on site. We respectfully request that residents and staff, unless exempted under the pre 19 July 2021 restrictions, wear a face covering for the protection of both parties. Please make contact, upon arriving at site, with a member of site staff if you require help.
- Address: Martyrs Lane, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5NJ
- Telephone: 01483 721 119 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
Pedestrians can walk into this centre.
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Woking CRC please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Woking CRC.
- Aerosols – If empty place in with cans. If still has contents, then could potentially be hazardous. Ask a member of staff where to place them.
- Black bag waste – sent for Energy recovery
- Bottle tops – sent to various charities.
- Cans (mixed) – sent for recycling.
- Car batteries – sent for recycling
- Cardboard (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Carpet – recycling market limited
- CDs, Books and DVDs – sent to various charities
- Cooking oil – sent for recycling
- Engine oil – sent for recycling
- Fluorescent tubes – sent for recycling
- Foil – no separate containers. Place in metal containers for recycling
- Furniture – if in good condition (please ask), maybe suitable for reuse in our 'Revive' shops. If not suitable, place wood-based furniture (including MDF/chipboard) into the wood container and furniture with a high metal content into the metal container. For all other furniture please seek advice on site.
- Garden waste – sent for recycling
- Gas bottles – sent for recycling (separate containers)
- Glass bottles and jars - sent for recycling
- Gypsum based products/plasterboard (Chargeable waste) – sent for recycling
- Hardcore and rubble (Chargeable waste).
- Hard plastics - no current outlets for recycling (market dependant)
- Household batteries – sent for recycling
- Household/Garden chemicals – need to go in Hazardous Waste containers (ask a member of staff)
- Large electrical items (e.g., Fridge/Freezers) – sent for recycling
- Mattresses – Trial mattress recycling project. Place in separate container.
- Metal (Ferrous/Non-ferrous) – sent for recycling
- Mobile phones – sent to various charities
- Small electrical items – sent for recycling
- Paint (water-based/emulsion only) - collected and transferred to Guildford paint reuse shop
- Paper and card (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Plastic bottles (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Printer cartridges – sent to various charities
- Spectacles – sent to various charities
- Tetra Pak carton banks – sent for recycling
- Textile banks – sent for recycling
- TVs and Monitors – sent for recycling
- Tyres (Chargeable waste).
- Water filters – sent for recycling
- Wood/Timber – sent for recycling
What you cannot bring
- Business waste. (The nearest centres that do are Guildford CRC and Shepperton CRC)
- Petrol/Diesel – none of our CRCs have the appropriate licence to accept and store fuel.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
Revive re-use shop
Unfortunately the Revive shop at Woking has not yet reopened. Our other Revive shops at Earlswood, Shepperton, Leatherhead and Witley are now open. Witley's shop is currently only open at weekends.