Changes to the Surrey resident scheme from April 2022
Anyone wishing to visit any of our 15 Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) will need to prove that they are a Surrey resident.
- Opening times
- Information for customers with disabilities
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Monday to Wednesday - 8am to 4pm
- Thursday and Friday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Farnham)
- Weekends - 9am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
The centre can close for up to 30 minutes during the day while full containers are exchanged and waste compacted.
Information for customers with disabilities
Assistance for the elderly, disabled and infirm is available on site. We respectfully request that residents and staff, unless exempted under the pre 19 July 2021 restrictions, wear a face covering for the protection of both parties. Please make contact, upon arriving at site, with a member of site staff if you require help.
- Address: Bourne Mill, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 9PS
- Telephone: 01252 726 316 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
What you can bring
- Aerosols – If empty place in with cans. If still has contents, then could potentially be hazardous. Ask a member of staff where to place them.
- Black bag waste – sent for Energy recovery
- Bottle tops – sent to various charities.
- Cans (mixed) – sent for recycling.
- Car batteries – sent for recycling
- Cardboard (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Carpet – recycling market limited
- CDs, Books and DVDs – sent to various charities
- Cooking oil – sent for recycling
- Engine oil – sent for recycling (maximum of 2 x 5 litre containers accepted per visit)
- Fluorescent tubes – sent for recycling
- Foil – no separate containers. Place in metal containers for recycling
- Furniture – if in good condition (please ask), maybe suitable for reuse in our 'Revive' shops. If not suitable, place wood-based furniture (including MDF/chipboard) into the wood container and furniture with a high metal content into the metal container. For all other furniture please seek advice on site.
- Garden waste – sent for recycling
- Gas bottles – sent for recycling (separate containers)
- Glass bottles and jars - sent for recycling
- Hard plastics - no current outlets for recycling (market dependant)
- Household batteries – sent for recycling
- Household/Garden chemicals – need to go in Hazardous Waste containers (ask a member of staff)
- Large electrical items (e.g. Fridge/Freezers) – sent for recycling
- Mattresses - Trial mattress recycling project. Place in separate container
- Metal (Ferrous/Non-ferrous) – sent for recycling
- Mobile phones – sent to various charities
- Small electrical items – sent for recycling
- Paint (water-based/emulsion only) - collected and transferred to Guildford paint reuse shop
- Paper and card (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Plastic bottles (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Printer cartridges – sent to various charities
- Spectacles – sent to various charities
- Tetra Pak carton banks – sent for recycling
- Textile banks – sent for recycling
- TVs and Monitors – sent for recycling
- Water filters – sent for recycling
- Wood/Timber – sent for recycling
What you cannot bring
- Business waste. (The nearest centre that does is Guildford CRC).
- Chargeable waste (eg hard-core, rubble and soil, plasterboard and tyres)
- Petrol/Diesel – none of our CRCs have the appropriate licence to accept and store fuel.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.