Coronavirus - all centres closed
Our community recycling centres are closed with immediate effect from 24 March 2020 until further notice.
The County Council made the decision in the light of the Prime Minister's statement of 23 March 2020 to restrict all but essential movement.
The decision will be reviewed once new guidance has been issued by the government.
Residents should check with their district or borough council for the latest collection updates, and are asked to hold onto excess waste to prevent the service from becoming overwhelmed.
We thank you for your understanding.
- Monday to Wednesday - 8am to 4pm
- Thursday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Caterham).
- Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends – 9am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed
The centre can close for up to 30 minutes during the day while full containers are exchanged and waste compacted. View your nearest CRC alternative when Caterham is closed.
- Address: Chaldon Road, Caterham, Surrey, CR3 5PG
- Telephone: 01883 343 605 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
Pedestrians can walk into this centre.
Before your visit, please check Caterham CRC's site plan (PDF).
What you can bring
What you cannot bring
- Business waste. (The nearest centre that does is Epsom CRC).
- Plasterboard and gypsum based products
- Rubble and soil
Vans, pickups and trailers are no longer be able to access this site. The nearest alternative site is Earlswood CRC.
Under the Surrey Resident Scheme, you will be asked to prove that you are a Surrey resident when visiting this centre.
Files available to download
- Caterham Community Recycling Centre site plan (726.0 KB)
Caterham CRC site plan shows the location of the different containers to deposit your waste into the correct bay, bank or container.