Coronavirus Community Recycling Centre Update 19 July
In line with the Government's announcement regarding social distancing measures and step 4 of the roadmap out of lockdown there will be a number of changes at the Community Recycling Centres across Surrey.
From 19 July Social distancing barriers will be removed and the number of car-parking spaces will revert to normal operation. Assistance for the elderly, disabled and infirm will also recommence, with the added requirement that site staff and residents, unless exempted under the pre 19 July 2021 restrictions, wear a face covering for the protection of both parties. Please make contact, upon arriving at site, with a member of site staff if you require help.
Social distancing measures will be removed from the 4 reuse shops currently open at Leatherhead, Shepperton, Earlswood and Witley (Witley; weekend opening only, also card payment only accepted), face masks will remain advisory.
From 22 July visitors to Epsom CRC can come without making a booking. The booking system trial has now ceased and bookings can only be made up to 19 July. Any bookings already taken after this date have been cancelled though visitors can still come to the site.
We ask that all visitors remain vigilant to the virus and respect the personal space of others while on site. In line with Government advice we would continue to suggest wearing a mask when visiting, as the sites can get crowded during busy periods.
- Opening times
- Information for customers with disabilities
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Monday to Wednesday - 8am to 4pm
- Thursday - closed (view the nearest Community Recycling Centre to Caterham).
- Friday - 8am to 4pm
- Weekends – 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
- Pedestrian only access is available from 4pm - 5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The centre can close for up to 30 minutes during the day while full containers are exchanged and waste compacted. View your nearest CRC alternative when Caterham is closed.
Information for customers with disabilities
Assistance for the elderly, disabled and infirm is available on site, we respectively request that residents and staff, unless exempted under the pre 19 July 2021 restrictions, wear a face covering for the protection of both parties. Please make contact, upon arriving at site, with a member of site staff if you require help.
- Address: Chaldon Road, Caterham, Surrey, CR3 5PG
- Telephone: 01883 343605 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
What you can bring
- Aerosols – If empty place in with cans. If still has contents, then could potentially be hazardous. Ask a member of staff where to place them.
- Black bag waste – sent for Energy recovery
- Bottle tops – sent to various charities.
- Cans (mixed) – sent for recycling.
- Car batteries – sent for recycling
- Cardboard (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Carpet – recycling market limited
- CDs, Books and DVDs – sent to various charities
- Cooking oil – sent for recycling
- Engine oil – sent for recycling
- Fluorescent tubes – sent for recycling
- Foil – no separate containers. Place in metal containers for recycling
- Furniture – if in good condition (please ask), maybe suitable for reuse in our 'Revive' shops. If not suitable, place wood-based furniture (including MDF/chipboard) into the wood container and furniture with a high metal content into the metal container. For all other furniture please seek advice on site
- Garden waste – sent for recycling
- Gas bottles – sent for recycling (separate containers)
- Glass bottles and jars - sent for recycling
- Hard plastics - no current outlets for recycling (market dependant)
- Household batteries – sent for recycling
- Household/Garden chemicals – need to go in Hazardous Waste containers (ask a member of staff)
- Large electrical items (e.g., Fridge/Freezers) – sent for recycling
- Mattresses - Trial mattress recycling project. Place in separate container
- Metal (Ferrous/Non-ferrous) – sent for recycling
- Mobile phones – sent to various charities
- Small electrical items – sent for recycling
- Paper and card (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Plastic bottles (mixed) – sent for recycling
- Printer cartridges – sent to various charities
- Spectacles – sent to various charities
- Tetra Pak carton banks – sent for recycling
- Textile banks – sent for recycling
- TVs and Monitors – sent for recycling
- Water filters – sent for recycling
- Wood/Timber – sent for recycling
What you cannot bring
- Business waste. (The nearest centre that does is Epsom CRC).
- Chargeable waste (eg hard-core, rubble and soil, plasterboard and tyres)
- Petrol/Diesel – none of our CRCs have the appropriate licence to accept and store fuel.
Vans, pickups and trailers are no longer be able to access this site. The nearest alternative site is Earlswood CRC.
Under the Surrey Resident Scheme, you will be asked to prove that you are a Surrey resident when visiting this centre.
Pedestrian only access is available at this centre between 4pm - 5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.