Epsom Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 1 December 2020
Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) remain open.
Please check the individual CRC pages you wish to visit beforehand for exact details of waste that can be accepted.
- Site rules
- Opening times
- Getting to the site
- Contact details and map
- Booking a visit
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- From 5 November, visitors to Epsom community recycling centre will need to pre-book a slot. See below for details or go to the booking system to book a slot now.
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday - 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Epsom)
- Thursday and Friday 8am - 4pm
- Weekend - 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
Getting to the site
We may be using stop/go boards to help keep the roads clear around the site. Please follow instructions from traffic marshals.
- Address: Blenheim Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9DL
- Telephone: 01372 728 722 (If this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into this centre.
Booking a visit to Epsom CRC
As of 5 November, you will need to pre-book a slot to visit Epsom community recycling centre. A booking system is being trialled at Epsom to help alleviate queues which have been disruptive to residents and local businesses. The trial is expected to last until the end of the year and we will be gathering feedback from residents to assess the effectiveness of the system.
Slots will be available up to two weeks in advance and you can book as many as you need. Residents who are unable to access the online booking system can call the Contact Centre on 03456 009 009 and they will book a slot on your behalf.
All other site rules remain the same. Please read our Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
What you can bring
- Some waste is chargeable, before visiting Epsom CRC please learn more about the charges for some non-household waste.
- You can bring chargeable waste to Epsom CRC.
- Epsom CRC accepts a limited amount of asbestos.
What you cannot bring
- Business waste - business and commercial waste is not accepted at the CRC and must be taken to the waste transfer station (entrance via Blenheim Road (from the direction of Epsom Motor Group and Epsom Coaches)) where it will be weighed and a charge made for its disposal.
Vans, pickups and trailers need a permit to access this centre.
If your permit does not show the registration number of your vehicle, you will also need to bring proof of residency in Surrey, and, if it is a hire vehicle, your hire documentation.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.
Under the Surrey Resident Scheme, you will be asked to prove that you are a Surrey resident when visiting this centre.