Bagshot Community Recycling Centre
Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update
We have increased the types of waste that can now be accepted at our Community Recycling Centres (CRCs), however this varies from site to site. Please check the individual CRC pages you wish to visit beforehand for exact details of waste that can be accepted.
Residents should only use the CRCs if they absolutely need to, and must check for the latest information before they travel, as these arrangements are subject to change. Please see individual CRC pages for further details.
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday and Tuesday - 8am to 4pm
- Wednesday to Friday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Bagshot).
- Weekends - 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
The centre can close for up to 30 minutes during the day while full containers are exchanged and waste compacted. View your nearest CRC alternative when Bagshot is closed.
Address: Swift Lane, Bagshot, Surrey, GU19 5NJ
Telephone: 01276 474470 (if this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into the centre.
What you can bring
From Friday 28 August paper and cardboard, wood, metal, small electrical white goods, batteries, TVs, green waste and textiles will be accepted at this CRC.
The limited number of waste materials accepted at the smaller sites will allow residents to dispose of the largest volume waste types, while maintaining social distancing for the safety of residents and site staff. Residents who need to dispose of other types of waste will need to go to one of the 10 larger sites that are currently accepting more types of waste. More information is available on our website.
Residents are asked to hold onto other materials they need to take to CRCs. The intention is to move to a further reopening phase after a few weeks when the full range of materials can be accepted, but only when it is safe to do. We will continue to only allow reduced numbers on sites to maintain social distancing.
No other waste can be accepted at this time, and the reuse shops are staying closed.
We ask that you bear with us whilst operation of this restricted service gets underway. We do anticipate that there may be significant demand in the first few days, and you may be asked to leave and come back at a later date.
Please treat site staff with respect and consideration during this challenging period.