Coronavirus - Community Recycling Centres update 2 April 2021
From Friday 2 April, a wider range of materials will be accepted at Bagshot, Cranleigh, Dorking and Warlingham community recycling centres (CRCs).
These sites will now accept non-recyclable black bag and bulky wastes in addition to a full range of recyclable wastes.
Please check the CRC you wish to visit for more detail.
Surrey's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) continue remain open.
From the 12 April some Revive re-use shops have reopened please check the CRC you wish to visit
Please do not visit the CRCs unless your journey is essential – stay at home. You should not visit the CRCs if you are any of the following:
- Extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes.
- Symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- In 10-day self isolation. (Please refer to the NHS website for specific guidance on self isolation)
Introducing ANPR at our CRCs from March 2021 onwards
Surrey County Council is introducing Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology to thirteen of its fifteen Community Recycling Centres. The system will capture and read an image of visitors' vehicle number plates to enable monitoring of usage and to assist in identifying unauthorised users. The cameras will be rolled out throughout March with the system going live shortly thereafter.
In addition vans, pickups and trailers will no longer be able to access this site.
- Site rules
- Opening times
- Information for customers with disabilities
- Contact details and map
- What you can bring
- What you cannot bring
- Staff and visitors must adhere to the 2m social distancing rules at all times. There will be clearly marked walkways and only one person will be able to be on the gantries to access the containers at any time.
- People must remain in their vehicle whilst queuing.
- Site staff will not be able to help you move your waste, so please only bring what you can safely carry.
- You must not come to the site if you are self-isolating because you or a member of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms, your waste must be double bagged and only brought to the site after being left for 72 hours.
These site rules apply to all residents visiting any of our CRCs at all times.
- Monday and Tuesday - 8am to 4pm
- Wednesday to Friday - closed (view the nearest community recycling centre to Bagshot).
- Weekends - 8am to 4pm
- The centre is open as usual on Bank Holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when the centre is closed.
The centre can close for up to 30 minutes during the day while full containers are exchanged and waste compacted. View your nearest CRC alternative when Bagshot is closed.
Information for customers with disabilities
Currently this site is unable to offer assistance to disabled visitors.
We are happy for elderly, infirm or disabled residents to bring somebody with them to help. However, if this is not possible and you do require assistance, then you will need to visit one of our nine larger CRCs where they can provide trolleys on request. For further information please check before you visit.
Address: Swift Lane, Bagshot, Surrey, GU19 5NJ
Telephone: 01276 474470 (if this number is busy or switches over to the fax, please try again later or contact SUEZ Surrey on 020 8329 1030).
For safety, pedestrians cannot walk into the centre.
What you can bring
What you cannot bring
Staff have been provided with training and guidance to assess your waste, and their decision is final.
The law states that the council may restrict the availability of specified places to specified descriptions of waste.
Vans, pickups and trailers will no longer be able to access this site. the nearest alternative site is Camberley CRC.
No pedestrian access allowed on to this site.