Our ambition is for the Countryside Estate to be a place all residents can go to connect with their countryside. To achieve this we are working towards the following outcomes for the land we own and manage.
- A more diverse groups of residents are connected to the countryside estate
- Improved Health and Wellbeing through information and access to countryside
- Visitors have a more fulfilling experience of our sites
- People recognise they are on the SCC Countryside Estate
- People feel they can contribute to the protection of the countryside
- Creation of a long term financially sustainable business model for managing the estate
- Management of our estate in a way which protects and enhances the environment and mitigates impact of climate change
Visitor Enhancement Programme
We are working towards improving our sites in a number of ways – from physical changes on site by replacing information boards, signs and trail markers; to improving our website content so you can find out where you can go and what you can do more easily.