Report a right of way problem
Are you reporting an overgrown path?
Please report a fault to let us know about a problem on the network, using the map to accurately mark the location. Plot any overgrown vegetation reports roughly in the centre of the extent quoting the approximate distance and stating whether it is vegetation growing from the sides such as a hedge, or growing from the surface. We need accurate and comprehensive information from you to be able to effectively deal with your enquiry. Photographs are always helpful and we may contact you if we require further details.
If the fault has already been reported, please add comments to the existing record rather than creating a new report. Also use this facility if you wish to give us an update.
The dates for our summer surface vegetation clearance programme will be published on this page in spring 2024.
If you have an issue requiring immediate action on a public right of way contact either:
- Surrey County Council during normal office hours on 0300 200 1003. Our Contact Centre will contact relevant staff immediately. If this is not possible or appropriate they will contact the Police.
- If the issue is out of normal office hours or a Police matter, please report the issue to Surrey Police:
- for emergencies such a serious crime or accident always dial 999.
- by phone on 101 or 01483 571212.
- for non-urgent minor crimes/incidents you can report online to Surrey Police.
Reporting other issues
To report any other problem on a public right of way, please use our online form.
Contact us by telephone
Contact us by post
Surrey County Council, Countryside Access Team, Whitebeam Lodge, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford, Surrey GU4 7BQ
Files available to download
Public Rights of Way Maintenance and Enforcement Priority Statement May 2018 (PDF)
Priority Statement for the Maintenance and Enforcement on Public Rights of Way