Skip to main content

Van, pickup and trailer waste permit - terms and conditions

Please note: When you apply for a van, pickup and trailer waste permit online, you will be asked to read and accept our terms and conditions in order to complete your application.

  • You need to be a Surrey resident and therefore provide a valid Surrey residential address.
  • Our van permit scheme is not valid for commercial use, and business addresses will not be accepted.
  • Only one permit may be applied for per one Surrey household address.
  • You will be required to provide a valid email address as we need to be able to send you a copy of your permit. Without this you will not be allowed access to our sites. Each time you visit one of our recycling centres you will be asked to show a visual copy of your permit. Failure to do so will result in you being refused entry in to the site. Surrey libraries have printers where you can print a copy of your permit for a small fee.
  • The permit number must match the registration number of the vehicle you are driving. (ie the registration number of the vehicle you registered with us).
  • Please remember if you are using a 'Hire vehicle' and therefore not providing a vehicle registration number, your van permit will only be valid for seven days. You will also be required to show your vehicle hire documentation together with proof of residency.
  • Van permits are issued and valid for you to bring in your own personal household waste only. Your new van permit will entitle you to '12 visits' in any one calendar year. It will automatically renew itself on your first visit to one of our sites in a new calendar year.
  • No other third party (eg tradesman) should be involved or apply on your behalf.
  • You are not allowed to bring household construction waste (including home DIY) in a van or business waste using a Surrey resident van permit.
  • We have the right to revoke your permit if we believe it is being used to bring in waste from any commercial activity.
  • We will not tolerate any abuse, bullying or violent behaviour towards any of our site staff. Incidents will be reported and if upheld we will have the right to revoke your permit and a ban may be imposed from the site in question.
  • The van and trailer permit is linked with your vehicle's number plate. When you visit our recycling centres, staff will check your permit and record the waste and recycling you have brought.

Construction and DIY waste includes, but is not limited to:

  • Rubble, bricks and concrete
  • Earth, soils including turfs
  • Bathroom suites i.e. baths, sinks and toilets
  • Fitted kitchen cupboards and work surfaces
  • Plasterboard and room partitions (plasterboard is only accepted at Camberley, Earlswood, Epsom, Guildford, Sunbury and Woking)
  • Garden sheds
  • Fence panels and posts
  • Internal and external doors
  • Radiators
  • Garden stone (paving and ornamental)
  • Tiles
  • Fitted units
  • Rigid plastic sheeting or roofing
  • Roofing materials
  • Insulation flooring

Your visit and the type of waste you bring will be recorded.

Surrey County Council may use this information to identify users with commercial waste to prevent abuse of the scheme. Surrey County Council (SCC) will not tolerate abuse of its staff or anyone working on SCC's behalf. Your permit and access to services may be withdrawn if you abuse staff on site.

Data Protection

The information you supply will only be processed for the purposes of the van and trailer permit scheme and information will not be passed to third parties.

A valid email address is required as this is where your permit number will be sent to.