- Who are these courses for?
- Courses offered by Supported Learning
- Find out more about Supported Learning courses
- How to enrol
- Term dates
Who are these courses for?
Our Supported Learning programme offers courses for adults with learning disabilities the opportunity to develop independent living skills in a collaborative and creative environment. Our courses are designed to:
- gain independence
- develop communication skills
- develop decision making and problem-solving skills
- engage with and participate in the community
- provide opportunities to maintain physical and mental well-being
- develop English, maths and digital skills
- enhance employability skills
- gain confidence to make friends and develop social skills
- acquire skills which have a positive impact on everyday life
Our dedicated Tutors and Supported Learning Assistants provide a personalised learning journey for every learner that is challenging, varied and fun.
Some of our courses are free to learners who meet the eligibility requirements. We are also able to offer bespoke courses to organised groups.
Supported Learning courses
We currently offer the following in courses in our centres:
- Creative Art and Craft
- Creative Upcycling
- Developing Communication through Games
- Developing Numbers through Games
- Digital Skills using a Computer
- Digital Skills using a Tablet
- Everyday English
- Everyday Maths
- Exploring the Past and Present
- Health and Wellbeing
- Independent Life Skills
- Mini Enterprise
- Our Planet, Our Environment
- Pathway to Reading
- Performing Arts
- Pottery Enterprise
- Yoga - Seated
Find out more about Supported Learning courses
You can find out more about our Supported Learning courses via the following options:
- Contact the Supported Learning Team.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 200 1044.
- Contact the Customer Service Team who can email you a copy of our current course directory. Email email@example.com or call 0300 200 1044.
How to enrol
Before enrolling on a course we will meet with you to talk to you about your needs and interests. To arrange a meeting please contact a member of the Supported Learning Team who will let you know what information you need to bring with you. This will include evidence of any benefits you receive so we can see if you are eligible for any of our free courses.
It is important you are placed on the right course, whether you want to learn a new skill or maintain existing skills, so we may need to assess your English and maths starting points.
Autumn Term 2023
- Starts: Monday 18 September 2023
- Half Term: 23 October 2023 to 27 October 2023
- Ends: Friday 1 December 2023
Note: 31-week courses term ends Friday 8 December 2023
Spring Term 2024
- Starts: Monday 8 January 2024
- Half Term: 12 February 2024 to 16 February 2024
- Ends: Friday 22 March 2024
Summer Term 2024
- Starts: Monday 22 April 2024
- Half Term: 27 May 2024 to 31 May 2024
- Ends: Friday 5 July 2024
Note: Due to the Bank Holiday on 6 May, Monday courses will finish on 8 July.
Other courses offered by Supported Learning
We offer lip reading courses for adults with hearing difficulties.