How to get help from a Digital Buddy
Please note: Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic this service is currently unavailable. For full information on current library services, opening hours and how we are keeping customers and staff safe, visit our Coronavirus information page.
Do you want help using the internet or your iPad, tablet or iPhone? Ask at your nearest library or contact the library service where you can make an appointment with our volunteer Digital Buddy who can offer one to one support.
An initial session lasts half an hour and further appointments can be made as needed.
Could you become a volunteer Digital Buddy?
If you have some spare time and are good with computers and digital devices, you could help other people use them too.
- Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, we are not currently recruiting any volunteers for libraries.
Our Digital Buddies can:
- Support learners to use computers/laptops independently in the library for the first time – this will cover logging on to the library wifi, booking a library computer, logging on/off.
- Promote the use of library virtual services, including the library Solus app and membership.
- Introduce our online reference pages including daily newspapers, family history websites and Which? Magazine.
- Download ebooks and audiobooks.
- Support learners to practice IT skills by introducing them to suitable learning websites.
- Support learners to undertake basic computing tasks including:
- File management; opening, closing, editing, saving and printing files
- Navigating and searching the internet
- Using email and attachments
- Basic use of MS Word
- Storing and organising photographs
- Using Skype and social media
- Online shopping
- Assist with iPads, smart phones and tablets