Coronavirus: due to the coronavirus outbreak, all Surrey Libraries are closed
Please read this urgent statement about Surrey's library service including information about loans and renewals.
You can access our online library services: Free eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines, eComic and newspapers as well as other resources that can be accessed at home
Shut but still open
We have published a list of online services, activities and fun things for both children and adults to do whilst at home.
How to get help from a Digital Buddy
Do you want help using the internet or your iPad, tablet or iPhone? Ask at your nearest library or contact the library service where you can make an appointment with our volunteer Digital Buddy who can offer one to one support.
An initial session lasts half an hour and further appointments can be made as needed.
Could you become a volunteer Digital Buddy?
If you have some spare time and are good with computers and digital devices, you could help other people use them too.
- Find out about becoming a Digital Buddy volunteer.
Our Digital Buddies can:
- Support learners to use computers/laptops independently in the library for the first time – this will cover logging on to the library wifi, booking a library computer, logging on/off.
- Promote the use of library virtual services, including the library Solus app and membership.
- Introduce our online reference pages including daily newspapers, family history websites and Which? Magazine.
- Download ebooks and audiobooks.
- Support learners to practice IT skills by introducing them to suitable learning websites.
- Support learners to undertake basic computing tasks including:
- File management – opening, closing, editing, saving and printing files
- Navigating and searching the internet
- Using email and attachments
- Basic use of MS Word
- Storing and organising photographs
- Using Skype and social media
- Online shopping
- Assist with iPads, smart phones and tablets
Libraries who offer a Digital Buddy service
|Name of library||Days available||Time available|
|Banstead Library|| Tuesday |
First and fourth Saturday
10am–11am, 11am–12 noon appointment only
10am–11am, 11.15am–12.15pm appointment only
Please note: the number of sessions we can offer is likely to be reduced between 11 February and 15 March as two of our buddies are on holiday. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
|Bookham Library|| Monday|
|Caterham Valley Library||Alternate Tuesdays|
|Cobham Library||Thursday||10am–12 noon|
|Egham Library|| Tuesday |
|12.30pm–2.30pm (term time only)|
|Esher Library||Tuesday||11am–1pm (term times only, appointment is advisable)|
|Farnham Library|| Thursday|
| 10am–12 noon|
|Frimley Green Library||Friday||10am–12 noon|
|Guildford Library|| Monday|
|Haslemere Library||Wednesday||10am–12 noon|
|Knaphill Library||Alternate Thursdays (starting 3 October)||2pm–4pm|
|Leatherhead Library|| Tuesday|
| 10am–12 noon |
|Lingfield Library||By appointment with library staff|
|Molesey Library||By appointment with library staff|
|Oxted Library||Alternate Thursdays||9.45am–12.45pm|
|Redhill Library|| Monday|
| 11am–1pm appointment only|
2pm–4pm drop in session
|Warlingham Library||Alternate Thursdays||2.15pm–4.45pm|
|West Byfleet Library||Friday||2pm–4pm|
|Weybridge Library|| Tuesday|