Talk to someone about welfare support

Can I talk to someone about getting help and support?

Our Community Helpline will be happy to signpost you to the relevant local help and support that may be available to you.

  • Community Helpline on 0300 200 1008 which is open Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm.
    SMS 0786 0053 465 for deaf and hearing-impaired residents only (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
  • Citizens Advice Service can help with enquiries about benefits and financial support.
    Visit Citizens Advice Service or call Adviceline (England): 0800 144 8848
  • Relay UK - if you can't hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then 0800 144 8884

Did you find this information helpful?

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.