Meet Rishi, a London based hiker who loves visiting Surrey's countryside by train.
In this short video taken on Box Hill, Rishi explains the importance of preparing in advance for a day in the countryside and the importance of keeping it special for current and future generations. He highlights a few tips on planning an adventure including;
- Follow signs and marked paths, using maps to help you find your way.
- Get to know the signs and symbols used in the countryside. They help you identify routes for different users through the countryside.
- Stay on marked paths, even if they're muddy, this helps to protect crops and wildlife.
- Use gates, stiles or gaps in field boundaries where you can. Climbing over boundaries can cause damage and put livestock at risk.
- Take your rubbish with you! Ideally bring a bag with you and take your rubbish and food waste home, use public bins or recycle if possible.
- Enjoy your visit, have fun and make a memory.
Read more about the Countryside Code.