Watch our new video
Health and social care isn't always easy to navigate but having good information in advance can help you plan ahead and make informed decisions about care and support to help you stay independent, safe and well. Our campaign, in partnership with Age UK Surrey, is encouraging people to "start a conversation that matters" and plan earlier for their future or help their loved ones to plan.
Planning ahead can be a positive step to start thinking about what's important to you and your family or friends if things change, and understanding their wishes when it comes to care arrangements.
If you have no family, speak to someone you trust or start a conversation with Age UK Surrey.
Watch our new video explainer below as it sets out all the things to consider when thinking about a time when you, or a loved one, may need a little more help.
A BSL version of the video can be found on the Planning for Your Future online information hub. There are also a series of outreach events at locations around Surrey. Check for upcoming events and book your free place on the Age UK Surrey website. Events coming up include Caterham, Woking, Staines, Leatherhead, Epsom, Addlestone and Chertsey.
Visit Age UK Planning for Your Future information hub or call them on 01483 446627 (text 07593 139560 for the deaf or hard of hearing).
More from health and wellbeing
- Celebrating 2 years of Period Dignity in Surrey
- Message in a Bottle Scheme
- Free community first aid training sessions
- Mental Health Resources
- Surrey launches new online Home Equipment Finder
- Are you concerned that your child is above a healthy weight?
- Free flu jabs for Surrey carers
- Has gambling got a grip on you?
- Keep well and warm this Winter
- Connect to Support Surrey
- Healthy new you
- Surrey’s care workforce celebrated at awards
- HIV testing week
- Are you a carer?