Be Your Best, Surrey's free healthy lifestyle programme for families
Be Your Best is a children's weight management programme with a difference, we offer families judgement-free support to make small changes to improve each child's complete physical and mental wellbeing. Families who enrol on the programme receive tailored one-to-one sessions from one of our experts, alongside online group sessions.
These cover a wide range of topics including portion size, managing screen time, encouraging movement, positive body image and much more. There are even online cook-alongs where parents and children can learn to prepare nutritious meals together and fun, active 'Family FIT' sessions – all free of charge.
How can it help?
To give you an idea, here is some of our latest feedback from families!
- "Thank you so much. Your support and direction has really helped motivate J and the whole family in fact, to get on track and improve our health. J is so much happier in herself and her confidence has massively improved which is amazing!''
- My son has been really motivated to try new activities since completing the programme, he loves going to the leisure centre now"
- ''We have all enjoyed learning new skills and strategies for improving sleep and tackling fussy eating. The whole process has been an eye-opener especially seeing how much sugar and fat is in food.'
How do I join?
The Be Your Best programme is open to families with a child aged 0 to 12 living or going to school in Surrey, who is above the healthy weight range. You can check whether your child is above a healthy weight on the NHS BMI calculator website.
To self-refer, please visit the Be Your Best website. Sessions are ongoing so you can refer at any time.
More from health and wellbeing
- Have you registered your Defibrillator?
- Celebrating 2 years of Period Dignity in Surrey
- Message in a Bottle Scheme
- Free community first aid training sessions
- Mental Health Resources
- Surrey launches new online Home Equipment Finder
- Seven healthy habits which can reduce your risk of dementia
- Vaping what you should know
- Annual Health check for people with learning difficulties
- Three new Surrey sites reserved for extra care housing
- Your sexual health matters, at any age
- Free flu jabs for Surrey carers
- Make a care plan today
- Has gambling got a grip on you?
- Keep well and warm this Winter