Benefits and financial assistance for families
If you're responsible for a child there is a range of financial assistance available depending on your family's circumstance.
- Maternity leave and pay
- Paternity leave and pay
- Healthy Start Scheme (Gov.UK) - free food and milk
- Child Benefit
- Child Tax Credit (Gov.UK)
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Payments and benefits available for you and your disabled child
- Organisations offering financial help to families
You may also like to take a look at the funding, grants and financial assistance page on the Local Offer website.
- School transport
- Paying for school uniforms
- School meals
- Care to Learn (GOV.UK)
- Parents' Learning Allowance
- Student finance
Paying for childcare
Health and welfare support
Free period products can be collected or donated at most libraries in Surrey, you can find out more about the scheme on the Period dignity across Surrey webpage.