Refunds and course cancellations for adult learning
For courses provided at one of our centres
If government advice means face-to-face classes cannot continue due to coronavirus (COVID-19), classes will be moved to online provision, where possible.
Where this is the case, no refunds will be provided.
If classes cannot continue online, refunds will be made for the missed session(s).
Once a course has begun, we will only consider refund requests in exceptional personal or family circumstances
If, however, you need to withdraw from a course before it begins, we will process refund requests as follows:
- If the request is made more than eight weeks before the course starts, a full refund will be returned.
- If the request is made less than eight weeks and more than two weeks before the course starts, a full refund less a £15 cancellation fee will be returned.
- No refunds will be made if you withdraw from a course less than two weeks before the start.
If you wish to request a refund, please contact us.
The length of each course is based on a minimum number of learners enrolled and the financial viability of the course. If this is not achieved, it may be necessary for us to either:
- cancel the course before the first class, and provide learners with a full refund; or
- meet for the first class and give learners the opportunity to decide whether to shorten the course hours for the same fee, transfer to another course
There are certain circumstances where we do have to cancel a class, for example if a tutor is unwell. In this event, we will contact you as soon as possible. We will endeavour to put an additional class on at a later date. This additional class will be on a day and time that the majority of learners are able to attend. Learners unable to attend the re-scheduled class will not be provided with a refund. If, however, we are unable to offer an additional class at a later date we will provide a refund for the missed class.
In the event of severe weather, we will provide information on any impact on our classes by leaving a message on the enrolment centre telephones. We will also post notice of any disruptions on our website and social media.
If we have to cancel or postpone a class for any reason outside of our control, for example if a tutor is unwell, we will try to offer an additional class at another time. If the majority of learners in the class can make the alternative date, no refund will be offered to learners who are unable to attend. If no alternative date can be offered a refund will be given for the missed session.
For more information about what to do if your course or class is cancelled, please contact us.
For further information and a full list of our disclaimers please contact us.