Adults Social Work and Occupational Therapy at Surrey

Why choose Surrey?

Simon White, Executive Director of Adult Social Care discusses many a reason why Surrey County Council can offer a Social Worker and Occupational Therapist a long-lasting and progressive career choice. With many development opportunities available at all roles within the Social Worker and Occupational Therapy teams, this linked together with ongoing support for our employees and their wellbeing means Surrey is a friendly and encouraging place to work. Simon explains why he would love Social Workers and Occupational Therapists to consider Surrey in his video below.

Refer a friend to work at Surrey

Through this scheme employees who introduce a friend to a hard to recruit post within our Adult Social Care directorate can in return receive a £1,000 payment.

You will be eligible to receive the refer a friend incentive payment if you meet of the following criteria:

  • You must be employed as a Surrey County Council member of staff on Surrey terms and conditions of service.
  • You refer someone to apply for a social work or occupational therapy vacancy in our Adult Social Care (up to PS13 posts) and they are successfully appointed.
  • These roles are hard to recruit to and require the successful candidate to have a Social Work or Occupational Therapist qualification and Social Work England Registration.

It does not apply:

  • if you are a member of staff on non-Surrey terms and conditions of service;
  • if you are not an employee (e.g. members, partners, agency workers);
  • if you are a member of staff who is part of the recruitment process (such as recruitment professionals or HR professionals);
  • Anyone working for SCC as a locum or agency worker.

How does the person I am referring, apply for a post?

Applicants simply need to submit their application and confirm that they saw the vacancy due to your referral. Once your friend has been successfully employed send an email to apply for the payment to be applied to: Please make it clear in the email the full name of the person you are referring.

Further information

For full terms internal staff can contact MyHelpdesk HR.

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.