Our employees have access to a wide range of benefits. This ensure that we are giving our hardworking employees the rewards they deserve for the tremendous services they provide for our county and the people in it.
Our core benefits consist of; a competitive pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement rising to 28 days after 2 years service, maternity and adoption pay, sick pay entitlement, parental leave, early retirement and severance schemes, special leave for reserve forces training as well as awarding our longest service employees who reach 25 and 40 years with us.
Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra
- Discounts on food shopping
- Local offers/discounts
- Cinema tickets
- Weekends away
- Childcare vouchers (scheme now closed to new entrants),
- Microsoft Home User Programme.
Find out more about family and lifestyle discounts and the membership card. Surrey Extra discount website: In order to access the retail discounts and salary sacrifice schemes, you will need to follow a few steps to register on Surrey Extra.
Our commitment to the Armed Forces
Surrey County Council has been awarded the prestigious Gold Covenant Award. Part of our commitment is to be a best practice employer in recognising and meeting the needs of any staff who are connected to or contributing to the military, including families.
Our Armed Forces Employment Policy and Guidance has been designed to reduce stigma and promote the military very positively within Surrey, as our colleague Tor Peebles, Flood Risk Management Strategy And Partnerships Team Leader, discusses below.
"Surrey County Council have supported my reserve career. Both in providing time off for annual training but also facilitating additional training through their flexible approach to leave. This has given me training opportunities across Europe, the South Pacific and South America as well as the UK. Surrey County Council's approach has meant that I have been able to do career courses with my regular counterparts and have a full reserve career.
This responsibility goes both ways, as a manager hiring to a post in my team I will be conducting an interview with a candidate who is a reserve soldier via video whilst he is deployed. This sort of flexible approach is becoming the norm for SCC."
Travel and transport staff benefits
- Lease car scheme- drive away a cost effective vehicle for a two or three year period
- Cycle to work schemes- you can save up to 42% (via salary sacrifice) on the cost of a brand new bike, up to the value of £3,000
- Bus and train discounts-season ticket loans and a plethora of discounts on a wide-range of transport options
- Car clubs and car sharing schemes.
Health and wellbeing staff benefits
- Healthcare plans
- Dental insurance
- Health and wellbeing assessments
- Gym/health club memberships and eye tests.
Work and education staff benefits
- Employee volunteering scheme
- Discounted adult learning courses
- Flexible working opportunities
- Fantastic CPD support.
Advice and support staff benefits
- Housing advice
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Whistleblowing (Navex Global)
- Credit Union services
For new starters, please check out benefits on SCC Info.
SCC Info can be accessed from any device, you just need your username and password, there is no need to have a Verisec Mobile code (previously Freja),
If you have any questions please contact My Helpdesk HR on 0208 541 9000.