Your Fund Surrey Small Community Projects Fund is available for projects worth between £1,000 and £50,000 to support capital community projects. Each Surrey County Councillor has been given £50,000 Small Community Project funding to allocate in their local areas and they can decide which projects that £50,000 is spent on.
Examples of the types of projects it can be used for include:
- New kitchen items for a community hall
- New flooring or pathways for a community asset
- New chairs or tables for a village hall, or green space
- Solar panels
- General refurbishment of an existing building
- PA equipment for a school
- Cricket nets or sports equipment for a local club
- Replacement windows in a village hall or sports club
- Purchase of a new building or shed
- Planting new trees or creating a community orchard
This £50,000 is in addition to the £5,000 Your Councillor Community Fund, details of which can be found on our Your Councillor Community Fund webpage.
What do we mean by capital projects?
Capital Funding is money to purchase or improve a building, equipment, infrastructure or software. Your Fund Surrey cannot be used for ongoing revenue costs, such as salaries or running costs.