Looking for funding for your community?
Surrey has a variety of funds and funding advice accessible by Surrey communities, provided by different organisations. There are also community funding streams available that cover all of England that can be used in Surrey. Below is a list of funding opportunities provided in Surrey. To check other grants available nationally check Get Grants Funding Finder.
Surrey County Council funding
- Your Fund Surrey (Small and Large Community Projects) – A Large Community Fund is available to help fund big community projects and a Small Community Fund is available that is allocated by Surrey County Councillors.
- Members Community Allocation/County Councillor Community Allocation Fund - Each Surrey County Councillor has a budget allocation so organisations and groups can apply for funds for projects that promote the social, economic, and environmental well-being of the local community. Contact your local Surrey County Councillor to find out more.
- Community Covenant Grant Scheme - Funds local projects which strengthen the ties or the mutual understanding between members of the Armed Forces Community and the wider community in which they live.
- Surrey Councils for Voluntary Service (CVS) - Support for voluntary and community groups in Surrey including funding advice, training, and information on areas like human resources and finance.
- Community Sparks Fund – Funds to support small-scale community led initiatives, with a focus on the 21 Health and Well-being priority areas supporting projects that directly benefit for communities.
Surrey district and borough council funding
- Visit the Local Area Webpages to find District and Borough funding.
- Community Foundation for Surrey - An independent charitable foundation that brings together people and organisations who wish to give to the community with voluntary organisations providing positive solutions to the many challenges within our communities.
- Surrey Community Action - Provide advice, services and support to voluntary and community groups, parish councils and social enterprises.
- Surrey Hills Trust Fund – The fund supports a wide-range of local projects from landscape conservation grants to community enterprise schemes.
- Gatwick Airport Community Trust - An independent charity that awards grants annually for deserving projects within the area of benefit covering parts of East and West Sussex, Surrey, and Kent. In particular, funds are channelled to those areas where people are directly affected by operations at Gatwick Airport.
- Social Value Marketplace - Our vision is for the public, private and social sectors in Surrey to work together so we can share our resources and collectively use these to improve the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of our residents and local communities.
- ASDA Cost of Living Grant – This grant is designed to support the increased running costs community groups will face between September 2022 and February 2023, including rent increases and electricity cost rises.
- Aviva Community Fund - The Aviva Community Fund supports small UK causes making a big difference in their local community. Aviva has partnered with Crowdfunder to give these causes the opportunity to further build capabilities, drive sustainable fundraising and leverage Aviva's workforce to get their best ideas off the ground.
- Bernard Sunley Foundation – A family grant making foundation which supports charities in England and Wales working to raise the quality of life and provide greater opportunities for the young, the elderly, the disabled and the disadvantaged.
- Community Leisure Recovery Fund - A £5 million fund to help community-run leisure centres and facilities reopen, providing a vital service to their local area.
- Community Ownership Fund - The UK government has launched a new £150 million Community Ownership Fund to help ensure that communities across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can support and continue benefiting from the local facilities, community assets and amenities most important to them.
- Co-op Local Community Fund - The Co-op Local Community Fund supports projects across the UK that our members care about.
- Energy Industry Voluntary Redress Scheme - Registered Charities, Community Interest Companies, Co-operative Societies and Community Benefit Societies can apply for funds to deliver energy related projects that meet the scheme priorities and benefit people in England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Garfield Western Foundation – The Garfield Weston Foundation is a grant-maker that that gives money to support a wide range of charities across the UK.
- Grants for Good - Grants for Good is a fund that invites local charities, voluntary groups or social enterprises that have an average annual income of less than £50,000 to apply to us for funding.
- Lloyds Bank Foundation - Work in partnership with charities and communities that understand the needs and aspirations of people and can make a lasting difference to people's lives.
- Morrisons Foundation - Grant funding supports charities delivering projects which help to improve people's lives.
- National Grid Community Grant Programme - Fund projects run by charities and community groups that meet local community needs by providing a range of social, economic, and environmental benefits.
- National Lottery Awards for All England – A small fund to support communities with things that are most important to them, including mitigating the impact of the cost-of-living crisis and supporting them as they seek to recover, rebuild, and grow following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- National Lottery Reaching Communities England - This programme offers a larger amount of funding (over £10,000) for organisations that work with their community, whether that is for people living in the same area, or people with similar interests or life experiences.
- Strengthening Communities Fund - The Strengthening Communities grant programme aims to support small, grass roots organisations who are embedded in the community, working within the most deprived areas of the UK.
- Tesco Community Grants – The fund is open to charities and community organisations to apply for a grant of up to £1,500.
- The Customer and Communities Improvement Fund (CCIF) - Southwestern Railway's programme to support projects that have a community benefit or address an area of social need across our network.
- Wakeham Trust – Supporting small scale change in communities.
- Wates Foundation - An independent grant-making Family Trust, the Wates Foundation has been supporting the charitable and voluntary sector for over 50 years.
Financial support for individuals
For information on funding support for individuals please visit our Financial support.