Bringing up children is a lot of fun but can also have its challenges. There are times when receiving some advice can be helpful.
If you are a Surrey resident, you can have free access to online parenting guides that include top tips from childcare, education and NHS health experts. The following guides are available:
- Understanding your pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding your pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby: for women couples
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child
- Understanding your child's feelings
- Understanding your child's mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding your teenager's brain
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your child
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your teenager
- Understanding your brain (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding your feelings (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding your relationships
The online guides contain advice relevant to expectant parents, parents, grandparents and carers of children of all ages including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Access to the guides is unlimited with no expiry date, so you can return as and when you need and want to. Each guide has between 9 and 11 sessions, which last roughly 20 minutes each. There are also activities that can be carried out between courses.
The guides are available in other languages including Urdu, Chinese and Polish.
How to register for the guides?
Registration is quick and easy. Go to the Ourplace online learning website and use the access code 'ACORN' to get your free guides.
Register for our online guides
These guides are provided by the Solihull Approach and brought to you by Surrey County Council and Children and Family Health Surrey.