What will I learn?
This course is a FREE online parenting workshop, parent/carers will learn tips and strategies to support their teenager’s wellbeing, and help their teenagers who struggle when facing adverse situations, this will lead to parents having the knowledge to implement practical exercise and discover useful information
- To understand the term, ‘resilience’ and review of current ideas about resilience.
- To explore strategies to help develop your teenager’s resilience.
- To use at least one strategy to help build your teenagers resilience.
Is this course for me?
If you are a parent/carer of a teenager and living in Surrey, this course will help you learn new ways of parenting your teenager or just to understand how you can make a difference using a learnt strategy you may not have thought about before, then this course is for you.
This course will give parents/carers the first step tools to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact and make positive changes to family life.
What do I need to do?
• Provide a mobile phone number and email address when you enrol so that we can contact you about your course.
- Please attend all sessions
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet or phone with a fully updated browser (preferably Google Chrome), microphone and camera
- A pen and paper
- Check your email for detailed joining instructions two days before course starts.
- Fill out the `Getting to know you` form and fill out `Tell us what you think` form
- Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
What could I do next?
At the end of this course, we will give you details of what you may wish to move on to next, for example volunteering, further courses with Surrey Adult Learning, a college or employment.
How to enrol
You can't currently enrol online for this course, so please call 0300 200 1044 to express your interest or to make an enquiry for further information.
Find another course
If this isn't what you're looking for, then we've got plenty more courses to offer!